Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

@Mr Frost yeah I can hear all the rumbling ten miles west 🤣 I saw one flash of lightning on the way back from Duns but that's been it. Not even much rain here.

@snowidea my mind turned to snow earlier today. I can't wait for winter now. I might need to cheat this year and get somewhere abroad that has actual snow. Probably the best bet.

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 5

Good stuff for our members in the North and East! 👍 (Minus the flooding risk of course!)

@Stormeh take yer pick from one of those places for storm chasing tonight! 😄

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 6

I can see the anvil and convection from the Lesmahagow storm from Ayrshire, looks nice with good visibility! 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

@Stormeh take yer pick from one of those places for storm chasing tonight! 😄

Haha 😄

My Mrs said I have a serious problem if I want to drive for miles just to see as she called it “a stupid bit of lightning” 😅

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Great to see our thread busy again 😁 I’m expecting to hear thunder to my south quite soon..

There’s the first rumble 

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Nondescript sums it up here. Grey, cloudy and misty for much of the day, temperature around 16c or 17c with a high dew point. 

Same here. Mostly cloudy with some hazy sun at times but bone dry. Storms to our West and South East but nada here. Early forecasts showed rain overnight then supposed to be this morning and even at lunchtime it said heavy rain in the afternoon. Now forecast for 8pm, mmm.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, hope you're all well! Love a bit voltage, hopefully tonight doesn't disappoint. One rumble in the distance so far.......

• Like 1

This radar picture is showing intense rain over in Edinburgh, as it passes over to this side it just needs to come a wee bit more to the west then bullseye...I can hear distant rumblings.

Annotation 2020-08-11 193832.jpg

• Like 2

As an experiment I pointed my thermometer at the cloud base 14.8deg/C so there is plenty heat up there to spark off a few bolts of lightning.

When I was outside it was sounding quite rumbly around the Glenrothes / Kirkcaldy area...and looking quite dark.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

OMG massive storm here I have NEVER EVER heard thunder like it and the rainfall possibly even heavier than last years storms 😳😳

Incredible that your only a few miles away....and there is nothing here, bone dry.

Enjoy...

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Klippie said:

Incredible that your only a few miles away....and there is nothing here, bone dry.

Enjoy...

Lightning strike directly over Kelty a few minutes ago, must have heard a good rumble from that one? watch it live on lightning maps.org.   @Mr Frost top holiday destination for lightning enthusiasts - Beumont Texas 😄

• Like 2

There's plenty of dark cloud around but any showers seemingly weakkening as they try to cross over us..............for the moment

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Hope you are recording it! 😀

Yeah honestly never heard thunder like it and looks like more to come, under the whites and purples on radar I have heard lots of sirens so I think fire engines pumping flood water out  like last year 

• Like 2

Calmed down a bit now but foggy and very humid Currently 17c.Neeps and grass will have loved the drink and spring barley will have ripened up a bit.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Yeah honestly never heard thunder like it and looks like more to come, under the whites and purples on radar I have heard lots of sirens so I think fire engines pumping flood water out  like last year 

Not surprised, it doesn't look like its far off of 2 hours of torrential rain now and there's another cell forming just across the forth! 

• Like 3