Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Vile, so so wet (nearest station is at 33mm in last 36 hours)

Nightshift this evening and confirm it feels very autumnal. 
Looks like it’ll relax midweek and hopefully we move into a warmer pattern thereafter

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Like many others I've taken to trying my hand at growing stuff during the lockdown.

Everything was going well, all 6 of my cherry tomato plants had started flowering, but this weather.......woke up yesterday to find one had blown clear of it's supports and snapped at the bottom. 7-10 days of cool, wet weather really isn't good for my tomatoes, peppers or chillies ?

The broccoli meanwhile...it's looking amazing...organic broccoli all round by September I think!

Need sunshine back asap ?

• Like 5

Just had a short torrential downpour here with accompanying flash of lightning and clap of thunder. Seems to be isolated as it's the only rumble we've heard, much to the puppy's relief.

• Like 4

Some impressive looking thunderstorms brewing up around us.

Going to be very local in nature looking at the radar but impressive cloudscapes nonetheless.

Currently 16c and very light winds.

Snag_866323.thumb.png.862f7d177650202c8da1f07e8f8182d9.png

• Like 6

What looks from the radar à locally brewed thunderstorm moving towards me from the North, around Insch. Rain has just come on after a few well spaced rumbles of thunder. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jo Farrow said:

Few picture appearing (FB Fubar News) of funnel clouds Dyce, Inverurie area

I’m not sure I have seen funnel clouds in a TAF before!

TAF EGPD 291103Z 2912/3012 33009KT 9999 SCT015 TEMPO 2912/2920 34015G25KT 6000 SHRA RA PROB40 TEMPO 2912/2918 VRB15G28KT 2500 +TSRAGS FC BKN012CB BECMG 2920/2923 BKN012 TEMPO 2920/3012 6000 SHRA RA BKN008 PROB30 TEMPO 2920/3012 3000 RADZ BR BKN004 BECMG 3009/3012 SCT014

• Like 5
Just now, 101_North said:

What a foul day! Horrible Autumn pish! 

Ditto. Wasn't much better yesterday either just a bit less rain. Today though total washout

• Like 3

Torrential downpours here too - was so wet walking the doggy.

IMG_20200629_143113.jpg

• Like 6
Posted (edited)

We were luckier than some here today. North of the rain in the Central belt and South of the heavy showers further North and North East. Enough sun and wind in the afternoon to dry out the grass for a cut before some lighter showers returned in the evening. Windy with a max of 17.5C.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 3

After the drama of the morning, the afternoon weather turned out to be a lot better than expected with plenty of sunshine and dry - though you could see some beefy showers were not that far away.

Temperatures responding, reaching max of 17c.

Snag_3290cc2.thumb.png.de9585bfabba0d5408df5f60f16a9e62.png

Snag_3293efe.thumb.png.26e57a1a41ad02085645d979f449a5a5.png

As for the evening, those showers merged into a longer period of rain that only finished about an hour ago ?️

• Like 7

Weather wise I’ll be very happy to see the back of June, it’s been very dull locally. Just 106 hours of sunshine recorded at Leuchars against an average of 187. 5 days of temperatures 20c or above. Let’s hope July is kinder!

• Like 5

Mainly cloudy but some good sunny intervals in the afternoon allowing the temperature to peak at just over 18c.

Light winds throughout.

A very acceptable summer day.

Snag_32d7760.thumb.png.5e3438f3a319898e4371b071baa885cd.png

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

its a cool wet misty start to the day with drizzly rain

Same here, pretty miserable looking outside.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)

Yes another horrible day and the charts look poor well into next week. Plenty of dry, sunny and warm weather for Southern England while we look like being stuck with often wet and windy weather. I am off for two weeks after Friday so I really hope things can improve soon but it’s looking unlikely.

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Cloud broke up this afternoon to an Arctic sky with a fresh north wind and a top temperature of 12c. Must have got cooler all day as I see temperature on top of Cairngorm is now 2c after a 3.5c start to the day. Birds going daft at the feeder as not much insect life about.

• Like 6

Grim start to July here. Cloudy, damp, dreich and cool, thermometer stuck on 12c virtually all day. 

• Like 7

A day of steady improvement.

Morning first thing a damp affair with plenty drizzle.

That had cleared by mid-morning and over the course of the afternoon the cloud dissipated to allow some good sunny periods.

Needed them to remind you it's summer as its a cold air mass, with a max of 14c recorded.

Lovely sunny evening but got a shock seeing my breath outside just now - checking the thermometer it's already down to 4c (a 10c drop in just 6 hours).

Could there be a cheeky ground frost on the cards?? ?

• Like 3
  • Paul locked this topic