Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
Just now, Andy Bown said:

Brilliant development near Dorchester, nothing to a red core within 5 minutes!

Some good convection towards the Mendips too ...

C7381AC9-78D4-47A6-AFCF-4CCC1BF80CF0.jpeg

The Dorchester cell died a quick death as have the others, by the look of it..

Posted

Close but not quite there with 24.7°C at: 15:53 just a mouses whotsit away from 25°C, ah well not to worry I'm sure we will get there this month..Meanwhile I have to water the garden tonight as the heat has dried everything out and as things are now bursting in to life, I'll have to do my best to help them on.. 

Posted

That cloud I posted earlier has developed into a shower that’s just missing Warminster. It seems ages since some convective weather, probably back to those cool NWlys with hail showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

25.7°C the eventual max here.. cloud has increased, breeze has picked up a little and the temperature is dropping in turn. 22.9°C

Posted
14 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

That cloud I posted earlier has developed into a shower that’s just missing Warminster. It seems ages since some convective weather, probably back to those cool NWlys with hail showers.

Taunton looks more inclined to see something that Netweather suggested as thundery showers, but they are certainly few and far between... 

Posted

22.3°C was the high here. South Easterly winds today meant a cooler flow off the channel.

Edited by Dean E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Morning all, we are off to a bright start with hazy sun after a low of 7.4°C at: 06:44

It is currently 14.7°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Bright rather than sunny today, and a bit cooler than of late.

Posted

As noted by my colleague further north than me..."Bright rather than sunny today..."

Cruisin at 20.3°C currently, as the chart shows, spells of broken sunshine..

image.thumb.png.dc0d391e093cc1d87c245a69a1a28dd6.png

Posted

Remember when the warm spell was predicted to be Wednesday and Thursday with a showery cooler breakdown on Good Friday? Then a cloudy cool Easter weekend?

Here we are on Easter Sunday afternoon and it’s above 23c again.

There’s a lesson in there for us all.

• Like 1

Posted

Surprised.. hazy sun, with the temperature hovering around the 23°C mark... where's them showers??!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

More cloud in the sky today meaning the suns more hazy than the last few days but with less of a sea breeze today it doesn’t feel much cooler than this time yesterday despite the lower temperature. 16.1°C

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Surprised.. hazy sun, with the temperature hovering around the 23°C mark... where's them showers??!

It appears that the airflow is still SW to NE,which is why the showers that broke out over NW London, are now moving in to Suffolk, so the colder air seems to be on course as it has yet to make it past the M62..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Any hope for a small storm later? A few are moving up from France, but I guess they may not get here if the wind changes. Or if it does change, will a few pop up for the SW? 

Posted
2 hours ago, SilverWolf said:

Any hope for a small storm later? A few are moving up from France, but I guess they may not get here if the wind changes. Or if it does change, will a few pop up for the SW? 

Strangely enough if you look out your window to the ENE there's a nice cell just popped up there, heading NNE..

As for the Channel possibility, I did say it was supposed to slope away from the UK, but at the moment it still seems to have the power to spin some convection before the sun and the heat disappear, and some light rain is heading for Plymouth..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

After a cloudy start this morning, it is sunny this afternoon, and feeling much cooler than recent but still not too bad in the sun and out of the breeze. 

The low was 6.6°C at: 07:25..

Currently 11.5°C

Posted

Interesting day, really sunny, yet the wind has been really giving it what for, so temps down with the colder air and feels cooler in the wind, max so far has been 15.1°C at: 15:08 which ties in nicely with the original forecast of 10C drop from the weekend. So it's start to climb again, can I add an order of rain to go, as the garden is parched, PLEEZ....

Posted

Reached 12.6°C here. Wind easing a little now compared to earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Gin clear skies this afternoon with the wind gradually lessening. Winter anticyclone type weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny late morning onwards after a cloudy start and a much cooler feel with a cold wind but still pleasant in the sun when sheltered. Reached 13.4°C, currently 10.8°C

Posted

Morning All, after a cold night with an overnight low of -0.1°C at: 06:33, temperatures on the rise slowly, currently  8.9°C In bright sunshine with an increasing breeze from the ESE..

Posted

Pleasant day out of the breeze in the garden, whilst not hot by any means, it enabled me to get some of the post winter blues jobs out the way, and start the garden off towards the summer. Peaked at 12.4°C at: 12:43.....now need some rain to water things in...PLEEZ