Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Finally! Warmest day of the year. 15.1°C. Humidity was down at 32%. Everything is bone dry!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Afternoon all,

It has been another lovely day here and also feeling slightly warmer Today due to a lighter wind, still feels a tad on the chilly side on the very far East coast when exposed to the light to moderate wind. A line of cirrus has moved in the last hour and a half though, sun still shining! We were just 0.1'c from equalling our warmest day of the year, with it peaking at 12.7 so far and our highest is 12.8 which was on the 8th February. Temperatures rising a little though again the last 10 minutes, back up to 12.5'c. Actually no as I type this we have just hit 12.9 now it is the warmest day wheeyyy!! What is noticeable, the Dew points are excessively low!

Local conditions at 16:29pm                                             Today's Highs and Lows

Temperature: 12.9                                                             High Temperature: 12.9'c ( 6:29pm)  Low Temperature 1.7'c (05:44am)
Dew Point: -6.1                                                             High Dewpoint: 3.9'c  Low Dewpoint -6.1'c
Windchill: 11.4                                                                   High Humidity: 74%  Low Humidity 26%
Humidity: 26%!                                                                  Highest Wind Gust and Average Direction: 21mph (11:24am) East
Wind speed and Direction: 17mph From ENE                  High Pressure: 1022.3mb  Low Pressure 1020.3mb
Pressure: 1020.4                                                               Rainfall Today: 0.0mm

Couple of shots to go with Today's Weather, just as the cirrus was moving in. Oh and make that 13.1'c just reached, Temperature has shot up a bit, but Dew points have fallen dramatically

90750335_204876210952768_3273030886488014848_n.jpg

91276320_2836319913128332_3847420575496536064_n.jpg

90678732_2669491033324315_3583271655771734016_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Just goes to show the cooling effect of the English Channel, where we have been plagued over the last few days with an onshore breeze. Today the wind shifted to a more NE quadrant and so the temperatures recovered nicely to peak 16.7°C at: 14:57..

Posted

Jeepers, after what feels like an eternity of rainfall, these recent Rh figures are amazing, currently 32 % after a low of 29%, that's lower than Phoenix in Arizona (where it is damn dry I know) which is at 39%....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Jeepers, after what feels like an eternity of rainfall, these recent Rh figures are amazing, currently 32 % after a low of 29%, that's lower than Phoenix in Arizona (where it is damn dry I know) which is at 39%....

It is actually pretty crazy, we just had Humidity peak down to 22%! I think that the lowest or one of the lowest I have seen it! It is back up to 33% now.

The air just feels so clean and the sky look so clean too

Posted
37 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

It is actually pretty crazy, we just had Humidity peak down to 22%! I think that the lowest or one of the lowest I have seen it! It is back up to 33% now.

The air just feels so clean and the sky look so clean too

I experienced less than 20% last year in Arizona and that still feels very different to here, there each time you spoke you could feel your mouth drying out, it's certainly doesn't feel that way here..

I suppose under the current conditions at least star gazing is a delight, so I'll be taking a look later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
21 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I suppose under the current conditions at least star gazing is a delight, so I'll be taking a look later...

Be sure to look up for the space station at 8:29pm.

I wonder if they'll see my fire, later?!

Posted
37 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm sure I saw it go over last night I just walked outside to get a breath of air, and voila there it was.

Thanks for the info, I'll go and take a breather around that time and check the pass, always good to see, my grandkids love it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day again and the warmest day of the year so far with a high of 14.4°C this afternoon. Currently 8.6°C

Posted

By my reckoning that’s 6 days of maximum sunshine! Tremendous! Can we make it a full week tomorrow, still a chance of picking up some cloud as the wind goes more NE in the afternoon.

Posted

Morning All, after an overnight low of 0.6°C at: 06:12, temperatures climbing nicely this morning with clear blue skies..currently 10.2°C although a little hazy this morning rather than fully clear..

Posted
15 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Caught it last night and tonight's pass is the maximum 4 minutes long, rather than the brief visible pass last night, which passed directly overhead..

Fri Mar 27, 7:42 PM 4 min 73°33° above W 18° above E

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Another beautiful morning with wall to wall blue skies, temperature up to 11.7°C...

E66A9947-BBA5-455D-951C-AA9FC1C91A47.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dry. Sunny.  Shame about the NE Breeze. 12.1c. Humidity 46 % Rh.

Posted
On 24/03/2020 at 13:50, jtay said:

And what a week... Could we possibly get through Mon-Fri with unbroken sunshine??

So close now...

Check me out, quoting myself.

Posted
29 minutes ago, jtay said:

So close now...

Lol. We have some small Cumulus over Warminster so not unbroken today, making quite a difference to the feel of the afternoon when the sun goes in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 hour ago, jtay said:

So close now...

I have only seen a little bit of high cloud floating about, but the sunshine has remained unbroken, but 2 hours until the jury is officially out. ??

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Lol. We have some small Cumulus over Warminster so not unbroken today, making quite a difference to the feel of the afternoon when the sun goes in.

Haha. You can keep it. The OH is imploring me to get outside while it lasts. She's been sat in the Sun all afternoon.

I'll be out there at 5pm.  I've just taken delivery of a case of Quadhop and a case of Downton Dream from the brewery, so can't wait to get stuck into a couple of those in the evening Sunshine.

9 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

I have only seen a little bit of high cloud floating about, but the sunshine has remained unbroken, but 2 hours until the jury is officially out. ??

We'll be alright.

• Like 1

Posted

A quick check on today's solar measure shows an almost perfect "bump", some slight flattening around the middle of the day, but the UV sensor seems to suggest few clouds to mar the days' sunshine effort..

image.thumb.png.774120ea279c7ecd79769fb90cd74efe.png

Posted

Sun is just about to dip into a bit of cloud, but it's miles away and I'm not having that.

IMG_20200327_181055755.thumb.jpg.1c2b50fe6e978bc98e07010998bc4049.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Bmth Airport having delusions of Grandeur...

Bmth airport1.jpg

Bmth airport3.jpg

Just for show really..

(Photos courtesy Mike Caston)

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2