Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Matt, are you still getting those cool sea breezes? the chart from my other WS shows how pleasant it was today away from the onshore sea breeze..

Yes it was a cool breeze. Nice when sheltered but yes in the breeze it wasn’t so nice. 

Posted

A lot breezier today than of recent, with a lot less sunshine, resulting in lower temps than yesterday peaking @ 12.5°C with 12:28...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and breezy all day. Felt cool in the breeze.Reached 10.7°C, currently 9.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Stayed mostly cloudy today, and a tad cooler than yesterday with a max of 11.7°C...

It is currently 8.9°C

Posted

Morning All, and overcast yet dry start to the day, and mild compared to recent with the overnight low just 0.5°C, below the current temperature of 10.1°C...

Posted
14 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, and overcast yet dry start to the day, and mild compared to recent with the overnight low just 0.5°C, below the current temperature of 10.1°C...

That gave my brain something to do. For a few seconds I thought your minimum had been 0.5c not 9.6c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Twas a mild night here too, with a low of 8.0°C at midnight. It has been rising slowly throughout the night to the 10.3°C we are on now with overcast skies... dry though.

Posted

Up to 12.3°C with a few bright spells.

Posted

A couple of dull days after Monday's sparkler.

Here's hoping it brightens up for the weekend.

Posted
1 hour ago, jtay said:

A couple of dull days after Monday's sparkler.

Here's hoping it brightens up for the weekend.

Contrastingly we are getting a surprising amount of sunshine in Warminster. Presumably the cloud is breaking to the lee of the Mendips and benefitting here.

As a result we have nudged 16c for the first time since October! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

Contrastingly we are getting a surprising amount of sunshine in Warminster. Presumably the cloud is breaking to the lee of the Mendips and benefitting here.

I did notice the clearer skies to the North and over your way earlier when I went out the back for some fresh air.

Sunshine and 16C would be just the tonic at the moment. Although we should get the Sun back from Saturday onwards, it aint gonna be that warm.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Contrastingly we are getting a surprising amount of sunshine in Warminster. Presumably the cloud is breaking to the lee of the Mendips and benefiting here.

That's a good result, it's been overcast here and thus resulted in much low temps, with a maximum of 12.2°C at: 12:22...

Posted
6 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

In contrast, got to 12.4°C here with the odd hazy bright spell, but it didn't manage to break very much..

Posted

Cloudy all day but less of a breeze than recent days. Reached 11.0°C, currently 9.6°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring
4 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Morning All, overcast with radar suggesting patchy rain in the area, and it’s overcast right now and 9.4°C..

Couldn’t sleep Dorset? Very grey and damp here, temp 6.2, not expecting to see the sun today.

Posted

Dank and drizzly to start this morning... temp 6.1°C

Posted
55 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Couldn’t sleep Dorset? Very grey and damp here, temp 6.2, not expecting to see the sun today.

Dark & Gloomy here, and that's the mood as well as the weather, having been identified as a vulnerable person / person at enhanced risk and a long time supporter of JIT approach, I now find running out of supplies daunting, because I don't fall into the OAP status, so I have to hope that I can locate items necessary to support myself, reason for sleepless nights..Anyway enough of that, it is raining and has been for a few hours, and it's misty whilst temperature wise it's 8.9°C ...

Posted

What a gloomy ol day, as proven by the lack of posting the winter gloom has turned into the Spring gloom, overcast and rain this AM, and plain ol overcast this afternoon. Maximum temp was 9.8°C at: 00:00, with minimum temperature 8.2°C at: 15:34, An unusual day by spring weather accounts....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Another dry and cloudy day. Reached 9.8°C, currently 7.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Damp and drizzly all day, and it has returned again! 

I still haven't hit 14°C yet, and the highest temp so far this year, was back in February.

Posted

Overcast conditions continue with an overnight low of 4.9°C at: 05:44, and now its 8.4°C...

Not much more than that right now to add..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Overcast conditions continue with an overnight low of 4.9°C at: 05:44, and now its 8.4°C...

Not much more than that right now to add..

It's not bad here. Blue skies earlier and now a bit hazier, but bright enough.

We're looking in good shape for the weekend and a few days afterwards, out of the wind at least.

They ought to bring in BST earlier IMO. The current early morning light would be really useful in the evenings.