Jump to content

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

What a pathetically grim winter so far...even worse than I expected as I thought we *may* still get some zippy little runner lows and squalls. The seasonal models have been bang on so far (aren't they always when they forecast +NAO).

On top of that, everyone seems to be ill constantly. Just grim. Roll on spring.

As for late spring/summer...it's a solar min summer so you can bet your bottom dollar we sit under a stationary trough.

Yup, its worse than i imagined too mate.

As is the trademark of crappy winters the PV just sits to our NW and eats away the clock.

Euros look horrendous this morning with just more of the same mind numbing garbage.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all Yesterday was one of my favourite Meteorological Winter days of all time - no snowfall but -4c to start the day with a lovely sunrise, frost stayed on the ground at sea level all day,

One of the cold persuasion waiting for snow

You could apply that to gale lovers, why would you want a potentially destructive storm causing death, damage, disruption? You could apply that to thunderstorm lovers, why would you want a severe

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yup, its worse than i imagined too mate.

As is the trademark of crappy winters the PV just sits to our NW and eats away the clock.

Euros look horrendous this morning with just more of the same mind numbing garbage.

 

 

Yup, a dreadful ECM. Flat as a pancake.

We're still some many weeks away from the chance of anything proper wintry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Yup, a dreadful ECM. Flat as a pancake.

We're still some many weeks away from the chance of anything proper wintry.

Agreed.

I have said for some time Feb looks our only hope.

Until that godforsaken PV weakens or better still takes a jog over to the Siberian side , we are screwed for cold weather here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Agreed.

I have said for some time Feb looks our only hope.

Until that godforsaken PV weakens or better still takes a jog over to the Siberian side , we are screwed for cold weather here.

not that bad now, looks dry, very unusual really for Early Jan

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CreweCold said:

What a pathetically grim winter so far...even worse than I expected as I thought we *may* still get some zippy little runner lows and squalls. The seasonal models have been bang on so far (aren't they always when they forecast +NAO).

On top of that, everyone seems to be ill constantly. Just grim. Roll on spring.

As for late spring/summer...it's a solar min summer so you can bet your bottom dollar we sit under a stationary trough.

It’ll probably be another hot summer with more record breaking heat in the UK ?‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The foehn effect coupled with a long draw of moist tropical maritime airmass would produce these synoptics every time. Not really that surprising.

Yes if the conditions are there, it will happen.

How many know that one of the date maximum  records for January was set in the middle of the severe winter of 1929?  Got to 17.2C 

Late January 1958, it got as low as -21C or so, a day or two later a maximum of 18.3C was recorded for the UK

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Inconsistent model's of late I must say ! But hey ho I'd rather it dry , it's a cold morning in the valleys of Wales certainly no 16 degrees it's 3 degrees at the mo and it'll do for now . 

Chill out guys snow and cold will come when you least expect it ! 

Keep calm & carry on ! 

Or just purchase a barometer ?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wait till ,towards the end of January that’s when the big freeze is arriving,our retired local weatherman,is more confident than ever lol.

I already see a change in the models with the jet beginning to dive South again at the end of the runs.

Should see the models picking up on this huge change in a couple of weeks,so just be patient? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

If you are after cold uppers and snow its horrendous.

As bad as it gets.

On the plus side wall to wall Sunshine here in south Cheshire and dare I say mild as well if its not going to snow then this is the second best if you had just landed  from Mars you would be forgiven to think we were in late April.

C.S

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ManiaMuse said:

Lovely day today. Here's hoping this weather continues so things can dry out a bit 

Here here...gloriously sunny with clear blue skies after an overnight frost.

Best of it is that my driveway and garden are clear of water for the first time in over two months.

 

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as bad as feared this week, some brightness yesterday, and today the low cloud has broken up more to give proper sunny spells. Areas more in the lee of high ground had clear blue skies yesterday and it seems much of England has this afternoon.

A temp of around 10C and a light breeze so it's quite a pleasant day really.

Edited by Evening thunder
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

It's not just the UK that's mild.

Moscow are getting artificial snow for the New Year festivities after the warmest December in 133 years!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50945383?ns_linkname=news_central&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_weather

 

Doesn’t make it any better.  We’re all doomed! ?  Is that how far their records go back?

Edited by Don
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Don said:

Doesn’t make it any better.  We’re all doomed! ?  Is that how far their records go back?

Must be as the temperature on December 18th (5.6c) broke the daily record for Moscow dating back again 133 years to 1886

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Must be as the temperature on December 18th (5.6c) broke the daily record for Moscow dating back again 133 years to 1886

Ok, thought so.  Not surprising to see this happen, but still pretty depressing......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ALL ABOARD said:

Please define chat then? 

Self evident going by the title of the thread. But it certainly doesn't mention 'climate' as we have a specific part of the forum dedicated to it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I usually detest the cold, a cold snap would be a great benefit to kill off all the chest lurgy going around here.  Everyone I know is down with it but so far I've escaped it (fingers crossed).  Looking at the Netweather forecast we might have a bit of a cold snap this coming weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...