Sign in to follow this  
Roger J Smith

December 2019 C.E.T. and EWP forecast contests -- start of the 2019-2020 competition year

Decided it’s going to be a very cold month overall.

1.9c

79mm

• Like 1

Downgrading my guess massively.. think it’ll be a cold and rather dry month now, especially with the output continuing the trend. Forward psychology eh?

3.4°C and 67.4mm

Edited by CheesepuffScott
  • Like 1

to start off with I think December will be cold how ever I think mild air Will come in mid month. my guess for December is 5 .5c rain fall I would say 90mm. thank you

I am liking some of these forecasts - means if i could get one bang on the nose i could soon build up an early lead in the annual competition!!

• Like 1

After at times ideal conditions for winter cold in the last few months it odds on this will cease to be the case in December so going for 5.3C and rainfall around 80mm

Average of 4.2c and 78mm! Think December will be a mixed bag ?

• Like 1

4.3*C with 59mm of snow and rain, please.

My guess would be for it to start fairly average, possibly mild at times. Colder and snowier during the last third of December. A total of 85 snow showers over the UK during Christmas Day. ❄️

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Persistent long fetch South westerlies, very wet in the North West - one notable ‘atmospheric river’ event impacting SW Scotland and NW England..drier in the South and East. A duller than average month. Snowless.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

4.6C.

A relatively wet and westerly month of the more normal n-s variety (trop-strat coupling looks like occurring). High pressure should build over the UK for the final third of the month.

1 hour ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Persistent long fetch South westerlies, very wet in the North West - one notable ‘atmospheric river’ event impacting SW Scotland and NW England..drier in the South and East. A duller than average month. Snowless.

Aye, except first 3-4 days maybe

• Like 1