Snow?

November 2019 C.E.T. and EWP forecast contests

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Monthly Only one played this month, got it spot on. So well done to Don. Three others were 0.1c out, nn2013, Kirkcaldy Weather and Quicksilver1989. Seasonal A complete change of

EWP will finish on 137 or perhaps 138 mm, it was 137 mm to 29th and yesterday added only small amounts outside of Cornwall which had 10-20 mm falls. Either way, Feb1991Blizzard has the closest forecas

November confirmed as 6.2 https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcet/mly_cet_mean_sort.txt

Posted Images

for November my guess is 9.2c as for precipitation I am going for 120 mm thank you. personally I believe that November will be rather mild and Atlantic driven 

A continuation of October weather into November, a mostly unsettled month. I will go with 6.8 degrees, close to average. Scotland and N England though could see quite a cold November, with more northerly sourced polar air  invading here at times especially first half of the month, CET zone though may only dip into this briefly. Could see a long fetch SW airstream at some stage second half with marked temp contrast between north and south just as we have experienced. Would not at all be surprised equally to see an arctic shot bringing widespread low level snow before month is out as well.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A continuation of October weather into November, a mostly unsettled month. I will go with 6.8 degrees, close to average. Scotland and N England though could see quite a cold November, with more northerly sourced polar air  invading here at times especially first half of the month, CET zone though may only dip into this briefly. Could see a long fetch SW airstream at some stage second half with marked temp contrast between north and south just as we have experienced. Would not at all be surprised equally to see an arctic shot bringing widespread low level snow before month is out as well.

Couldn't have put it better myself, of course, modelling could completely change in next 3 days in which case i would revise it.

7.0c.  135mm

Wet for the first 10 days at least..... a lot of rainfall about.

A real touch of Winter coming later in the month..... first hints of a cold December to come.