Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Monday 13th September 2004

STORMGUY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Had a nasty downpour and a couple of cracks of thunder here in the last few minutes.

Posted

It was very wet and very windy early this morning, no thunder or lightning though.

Between around 06:35 and 06:50, it was absoloutely chucking with rain, very gusty (probably gale-force) and I was being blown around like crazy (doing my paperound :) ).

But by 0830, it was practically blue skies and the whole thing had blown over :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Just had a few more rumbles, and the dog has just legged it inside, looks like an interesting night if the showers keep their intensity with the forecast high winds.

Posted

Torrential hail shower at about 3pm. Near whiteout conditions for a time, hail lay on the ground for 30mins or so. Many flashes of lightning and thunder, followed by one huge forked flash and the loudest thunder I have ever heared. Torrential rain continued for around 20mins longer. Temperature plummeted in the storm, down to a very cool 8.8C for a time. :shock: :) Could see my breath.

Now pouring down with some hail, and a distant rumble of thunder.

Posted

A fantastic storm here, lasting 20 minutes...

Torrential rain and massive hailstones, a real deluge. Several flashes of lightning and almighty claps of thunder. Electricity was going awol!

Posted

Here we go again, for the third time today. Torrential pea sized hail, ground covered. Huge thunder (lights flickering) a few flashes of lightning. It's gone so dark. The lamposts are on!

EDIT: two very beautiful rainbow's to cap it all off, followed be an incredible clap of thunder and a flash of lightning.

Posted

Just after I had logged off earlier there was an intense white flash overhead and an immediate crack of thunder :shock:

There followed a brief downpour including pea sized hail and another rumble of thunder from a seperate strom to the north. :D

Posted

Yet another truly amazing and spectacular performance by Mother Nature...

Deafening claps of thunder, countless flashes of lightning - flickering lights. Absolutely torrential hail!! Car alarms were going mad. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Posted

Numerous outbreaks over very heavy hail and rain since my last report. We are now on thunderstorm six or seven of the day. The next town has a powercut, and the lights here are flickering badly. Very loud rumbles of thunder, and I am being treated to a spectacular lightning show over the hills. :D One of the most active days I can ever remember.

Posted

I can confirm at around 21:15 there was small-ish storm pass over northampton, some lightning and thunder and very heavy rain. :D