Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

looking  very windy  for us early monday

Hey all! I was walking home from a great day today, and I managed to get caught in a pokey squall line. Heavy rain fell, with some hail kind of melted in.

On the way home, though, I saw a distant thunderstorm! It gave 5 bright Flashes over the channel. Very nice indeed! Have a great evening everyone.

The Christmas period is appearing now in models runs and it's not looking good

47 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Turkey BBQ?

16 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Turkey BBQ?

Yes but you need to bolt the bbq to the ground to prevent it from becoming your neighbour's bbq 

We Have just had a violent squall shower of hail / sleet at Lowestoft, dont know how strong the wind was gusting, but we had items blowing everywhere, wont be surprised if a few trees were blown down,

Anyone got reports of damage or wind gust speeds ? 

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Explain..

And some data to back that up???

Certainly not true..

Things are hinged...'to say the least.!

24 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Explain..

And some data to back that up???

Certainly not true..

they have been hinged since last winter so i'll stick my neck out lol

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

they have been hinged since last winter so i'll stick my neck out lol

I fancy your chances lol

27 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

I fancy your chances lol

lol I would love to be wrong and have a white Christmas, it would make the relatives more tolerable, but them, together with wind and rain and mild temps does my nut.

Edited by lassie23

I'll tell what gets my goat, lass (even more than not getting any snow) not getting any snow after being repeatedly assured that 'snow is on the way, but the models just haven't smelled the coffee yet'!😱

Edited by Ed Stone

Odd day today. There was glorious sunshine all day here, but whereas this would normally involve calm winds and a cold, frosty morning, it was mild in the morning and the wind was fierce. Don't know which I'd prefer to be honest.

7 hours ago, tight isobar said:

Really?...as we know 8+ days ahead is far enough without having any confidence but when that ol' Atlantic rolls in and the ecm the last day is picking up a 'whiff' of heights building on the continent at the end of the runs. In general that means more often than not mild conditions although as last Xmas period proved if we can get just a hint of some continental air in the mix temps will be nearer normal...but 'hinged'? a tad over dramatic there.

Edited by Froze were the Days

1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Really?...as we know 8+ days ahead is far enough without having any confidence but when that ol' Atlantic rolls in and the ecm the last day is picking up a 'whiff' of heights building on the continent at the end of the runs. In general that means more often than not mild conditions although as last Xmas period proved if we can get just a hint of some continental air in the mix temps will be nearer normal...but 'hinged'? a tad over dramatic there.

What does hinged even mean in this context ...?

11 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Nice & seasonal here. 

Currently 0.2c 🙂

Yes indeed, my outdoor temperature thing has bust, however it’s lovely and clear outside and there is a definite nip in the air. If we can’t manage snow, then I’ll settle for more of this, rather than less cold with rain!!

26 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

What does hinged even mean in this context ...?

I think regards to the ensembles / GFS runs and maybe more 'balanced' in the longer term to what we might experience or at the precipice of an ice age, who knows? I haven't been looking at them...I've just been following the ecmwf and nothing else which I feel simplifies things with less drama and in turn less hope casting and always bearing in mind anything over 7 days is always open to change unless we have the roaring Atlantic in play. 🙂

Edited by Froze were the Days

It is surprisingly cold out beautiful clear air and moon is bright 0.5c 

Yes in a temporary ridge of Pm air, looks too windy on upcoming nights to have a chance of frost but who knows. 2.5c here and still waiting for the first air frost this autumn/winter. 

Been a pretty nice day here in Locksbottom area.pretty breezy this morning but wind eased during afternoon and temp was about 8 degrees.gone chilly tonight and down to 0.8 here atm and tomorrow starts dry before rain and milder air move across the region in the afternoon and evening.Looks like next 7 days look changeable with some milder days and cooler days but no cold spell imminent.Mind you I never look past 7 days as things change so quickly.This time last week some models were suggesting we could be on the cusp of something wintry and we know that all went TU 🤣!Just be patient the snow will come ☃️❄️👍

5 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Yes in a temporary ridge of Pm air, looks too windy on upcoming nights to have a chance of frost but who knows. 2.5c here and still waiting for the first air frost this autumn/winter. 

Just hit -0.1 here 😮

B3879709-A411-4874-805F-822B6E8A9086.thumb.jpeg.12ad278448ba2bcf8772255b6c15fd01.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

That’s amazing you are still waiting for first air frost, we have had 5 already since 1st November!!(sea effect I suppose)

You folks are rubbing it in 🙂 ...one thing I've noticed over recent years as I live nearer to the North Sea, really need to be in some cold air to get an air frost in November or early December something which was easily achievable 20+ years ago.

5 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

You folks are rubbing it in 🙂 ...one thing I've noticed over recent years as I live nearer to the North Sea, really need to be in some cold air to get an air frost in November or early December something which was easily achievable 20+ years ago.

My in laws live on isle of sheppey and that place has its own micro climate as well.Only 40 miles from me but they have totally different weather to me!!