Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Wonder what it's warning of. 

Weather warnings for the whole of the SE for rain this afternoon...then thunderstorms tomorrow!

That's our afternoon out cancelled!

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

Our backgarden is flooded in Southend. Just had to go out in it to move the poor rabbit up on to the grass. Soaked through.

Agreed.  Very heavy rain here in Southend. 

Rubbish day 28.4mm of rain fell 23mm of which fell in under a hour this is second deluge of month here with >20mm or third if with >10mm in short space of time. I’m on 80mm for the month the wettest since February what a turnaround I had nada in first 2 weeks of August the change is remarkable.

• Like 1

Well we didn’t get the torrential rain others have been talking about, had rain sure, but not much and certainly not particularly heavy, the triangle shield doing it’s job. Is today the last chance saloon for the triangulars? We are in the zone, can the shield last one more time before charging it’s batteries ready to become the snow shield this winter!? 

• Like 2

6 or 7 lightning strikes  early evening yesterday, a nice surprise. But despite the current thunderstorm warning, no mention of thunder in the forecast....we'll see.

My allotment neighbour, who is a Latvian grandma and who is very in tune with nature says we'll get one more warm spell then an early autumn and winter. She says the plants know. Might call it the Latvian Grandma Index.

I hope the warm spell starts this time next week as we're on our first annual leave of the year, bar the bank holidays, don't fancy 8.c nights in a tent!

• Like 1

Big booms, lightening and monster hale here, it was actually quite frightening. Gone dark again so expecting more of the same shortly. 

I'm not a newbie, just forgot my sign in details 🙈

Eythorne, East Kent 

Edited by Jo Dawkins
  • Like 2