South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

It feels like I'm in the perfect position today at last :yahoo: just finished with a brief but terrential downpour. Looks like plenty on the horizon! Sun now out and feels steaming hot. Today has made up for the past 4 days without a doubt! Could be a great days storms for EA

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

It feels like I'm in the perfect position today at last :yahoo: just finished with a brief but terrential downpour. Looks like plenty on the horizon! Sun now out and feels steaming hot. Today has made up for the past 4 days without a doubt! Could be a great days storms for EA

Still very murky here, some thunder in the distance and still no rain.

• Like 1

Big thunderstorm here. Still ongoing with definitely no garden watering required today 👍 

I notice the torrential rain has created a sense of humour in my normally sensible weather station. 

54E93E4F-5E43-4162-994F-572913FBDE00.jpeg

5384DAB1-6E20-49CC-8B73-99A34F8E01B6.jpeg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Reverting to sensible
  • Like 5

The best aspect to this from a local POV is the thunder - everpersent and growing in magnitude for half an hour. Diddly squat by rain though, cambridge is an amazing place on the radar - storms everywhere to the north, south, east and west! 

C14DCBD8-00DF-44DD-A3D2-25DD9569BD72.jpeg

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ITSY said:

The best aspect to this from a local POV is the thunder - everpersent and growing in magnitude for half an hour. Diddly squat by rain though, cambridge is an amazing place on the radar - storms everywhere to the north, south, east and west! 

I just know as always NW Kent is going to miss out AS ALWAYS can see this lot going to Suffolk/North Essex to Cambridgeshire East Midlands again. Would love to be proved wrong though!

20200816_154336.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
12 minutes ago, ITSY said:

I like the look of all those reds/purples, down there... could still be an active band of drizzle, by the time it gets up here?:yahoo:

Meanwhile, the Beeb app-thingie's forecast for storms at 4pm has been and gone!:oldrolleyes:

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

I just know as always NW Kent is going to miss out AS ALWAYS can see this lot going to Suffolk/North Essex to Cambridgeshire East Midlands again. Would love to be proved wrong though!

20200816_154336.jpg

Point those arrows up towards the middle of the North sea and you will be spot on 

Still cloud here after the rain, can see some light stuff still to come through, hopefully the clearance come behind that. Still humid and blah here. 

1 hour ago, Matty88 said:

Not seen a radar like this for a few years eh?

A76B7E33-44F6-451D-86FE-3C0BD7EA3923.jpeg

• Like 3

So far everything staying to the south and south west, can't see anything really significant for most of Norfolk unless things happen on the NE edge. Still, new StrikeAlert is having a mini-workout!

9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

So far everything staying to the south and south west, can't see anything really significant for most of Norfolk unless things happen on the NE edge. Still, new StrikeAlert is having a mini-workout!

Looks ok around Thetford and Swaffham area though so not all bad certainly better than Essex anyway 

Just now, Paul1968 said:

Looks ok around Thetford and Swaffham area though so not all bad certainly better than Essex anyway 

Swaffham is about as near as it's been, about 10 miles away.

Well the cell to the south has arrived. That was one way of getting rid of the low cloud. It is yet again chucking it down with plenty of I-C lightning.

Flashes every couple of seconds right overhead now.

Edited by Captain Shortwave