South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Just now, Blazerblue said:

Hope so @Norfolk Sheep, thanks.

Suns come out here and the heat/humidity is rising (or at least feels even more oppressive if that’s possible) hope it sparks something interesting today, preferably not just grow the fun for others further away. Sounds selfish, but I think this area deserves some good storm action. 🤞🤞

I think we do indeed, considering every other point of the compass has had their fair share! Let's see what transpires 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Is Steve Murr about?

If so how do you think it's looking for our area Steve? North/West Kent etc this afternoon?

Trip to the park be dodgy? It's been to hot for the dog recently but now we both don't want to get soaked, but he'll probably enjoy that, but hates Thunder 🙂

Another very humid start, we had a little sunshine, but storm clouds are gathering now. It is totally calm, no breeze at all. Current temp 22C. Good Health to you all.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

However will the fresher weather actually  be fresher with moist humid south westerlies at 23/24c.

LIkely to be just as bad but a least a fair breeze.

That rain band/showers you showed on Arome is nothing like the MO radar forecast.

Hopefully fresher than the 90% - 100% humidity Arome is suggesting for some this evening Seaside!

796158113_Aromehumidity16Aug21_00.thumb.png.2754e1d835dabe4e56431e541c844ff2.png

NMM generally supportive of the Arome forecast for the heavy stuff later, although not such a clearly defined band of precip and the east coast missing out. This from 13.00 through to 22.00:

anim_gjo0.gif

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Coopsy said:

This morning it felt quite autumnal. And it got me thinking about the things I love when the season turns to autumn. 

I mentioned this in another thread. In Canada I loved September living in the Rockies. It’d start off warm and sunny (and the tourists would have gone). The leaves would then change to yellow and red as September progressed and there would start to be a chill in the air. 

The first snows would appear on top of the mountains and then every few days snow would come further down the mountains until one morning (usually early October) the first snows of the season would fall in the town. 

Here in the UK I love the foggy mornings and cooler evenings, smells of fireplaces and wrapping up warm. Hoping that the first snows of the season would arrive at all lol.

Are there any smells, sights, feelings that others here have that mean that autumn has arrived for them? 

The crispness of the air, scents redolent of blackberries, mushrooms, bonfires. Walking through woods blazing with reds, oranges, yellows, kicking through the fallen rustling leaves.  Watching the late afternoon mist forming in lower hollows and creeping up through the fields, until the horses visible only from their chests up become mythical fairytale creatures. Stars bright in the clear skies and finally, indoors to sit before the wood burner with my dog, dreaming into the flames.  

• Like 9

22c with humidity just under 90%. The sun is breaking through at times. A real mess of low and mid level cloud. Looking at the forecasts it seems my location is right in the potential sweet spot. I better prepare the canoe I guess....

Sun's been out for a while here, temp 22 dp 19.4 it's that second number we need to drop for the freshness to come back. Never seen our dp so high for so long. 

• Like 1

weather's a bit ho hum. I blame alexa, she told me thunder and i got none. I don't think anyone did. shame on you, alexa.

Where the heck has the sun gone? Three days of clag and high humidity. Looks like another fail for any storms here today again. Very disappointing end to the heatwave so far.

1 minute ago, Newben76 said:

Where the heck has the sun gone? Three days of clag and high humidity. Looks like another fail for any storms here today again. Very disappointing end to the heatwave so far.

Isn’t it always the way? Crap winters, no storms. The promise rarely delivers 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

The crispness of the air, scents redolent of blackberries, mushrooms, bonfires. Walking through woods blazing with reds, oranges, yellows, kicking through the fallen rustling leaves.  Watching the late afternoon mist forming in lower hollows and creeping up through the fields, until the horses visible only from their chests up become mythical fairytale creatures. Stars bright in the clear skies and finally, indoors to sit before the wood burner with my dog, dreaming into the flames.  

Sounds perfect (and a description fit for a novel) - love it. 

For the heat lovers out there. If you’re missing it already here’s real heat...38oC at 4am with a forecast high of 52oC 😳🥵

52BC982C-AA57-4A35-BD89-FA0822835315.png

Edited by Coopsy
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hopefully fresher than the 90% - 100% humidity Arome is suggesting for some this evening Seaside!

796158113_Aromehumidity16Aug21_00.thumb.png.2754e1d835dabe4e56431e541c844ff2.png

NMM generally supportive of the Arome forecast for the heavy stuff later, although not such a clearly defined band of precip and the east coast missing out. This from 13.00 through to 22.00:

anim_gjo0.gif

Yes they have been forming south and north and west of where I am here.
Nothing like the Shoeburyness rain shield.