South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

2 minutes ago, David Haines said:

Tower forming inbetween Bury St Edmunds and Diss, with a hercules plane circling it getting data, moving W/NW, mostly west, wont be formed till it's left me though 😞

Yep just saw it out west from my garden, of no use to me. Whereabouts are you, sorry can’t see it on your profile?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still stormless after 6 days of low to mid 30s and potentially another 30 day coming up. More chance of pigs flying than storms initiating SE of London. 🙄

Same here in North Kent. It's blistering hot here, even the air con is chucking out warm air. I'm tempted to do a rain dance we're that desperate for rain... I wouldn't even be sad to see a thunderstorm...lol

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Yep just saw it out west from my garden, of no use to me. Whereabouts are you, sorry can’t see it on your profile?

Working in Hepworth, it started raining for 2 mins and the whole thing pretty much vanished though 😞

• Sad 1

went very dark, moderate rain and around 10 bangs and a few nice  flashes. Hardly the storm of the century, was a band of rain with some thunder mixed in.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Rubbish. Just heavy rain with a few rumbles of thunder. No hail, hardly any lightning. Missed all the good stuff.

cambridge.thumb.png.1deb3beef03fec996c16992ecd2530f1.png

Is that so? 😁

38 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Temps rising quickly now, shame as it wasn’t feeling too bad this morning. 😔

Barely 23C here, feels properly chilly 🙄

Mind you I'd swap the nice heat for a few weeks of steady drizzle, just to revive the countryside....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Mind you I'd swap the nice heat for a few weeks of steady drizzle, just to revive the countryside....

Sod that - it’ll get enough reviving during autumn and winter lol 

Things beginning to look interesting. Look at the development starting on the Kent coast. Little cell developing near Lydd

• Like 1

26.5 here sun has been trying to come out in the last 30 min, storms in the Channel off Kent and East Sussex 

Edited by clark3r

That storm we had here yesterday may have lowered the temps, currently 21.9c compared to yeterday's 30c plus at this time and rising, but it's still flaming humid, at least some more storms to come.

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

23c to me is warm, but then the locals this way think I’m barmy when I go walking my dogs at 0c without a coat on, in fact it’s been commented that they know it must be flippin cold if I’ve actually put a coat on 🤣  just not a heat person, whereas my family are all sun worshipers and will merrily sit for hours in blazing 30c and my sister has been complaining it’s been cold and putting blankets on her bed overnight this week. Think I must have been adopted from a village of eskimos 🤪

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Zak M said:

cambridge.thumb.png.1deb3beef03fec996c16992ecd2530f1.png

Is that so? 😁

Sadly....i'm not far off the M11 junction for Trumpington - most of the good stuff went to the east. Law of sod.

• Sad 1

It's actually one of the coolest places in the UK here today....stuck at 19c under cloud and rain all day. Bit of a forecast bust, was meant to be 28/29c.

It's only 24.6 degrees here, but dp is 20 and humidity 77% and I'm sweating just as much as when it was thirty odd degrees. Need the air to clear soon please. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Jason H said:

North and South downs doing their work.

Meanwhile, a drizzle streamer for the Sussex coast, shockingly poor weather with conditions as they are.

My M.O app forecasts drizzle for the weekend at times too!

Torrential storm here (just south of Guildford) lots of lightening and the rain is just unbelievable. Keeping a close eye on potential flooding now.