Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

13 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Big intermittent drops of rain accompanied by near constant rumbling thunder here in Welwyn  😃

This is the Welwyn storm, as seen from South Berkshire.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Near constant rumbles from this cell to our north. Looking at the radar we are perhaps a little too south and east for an overhead storm. In fact, it seems to be splitting around us. 

IMG_20200812_152913.jpg

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Just had one storm (ish) and waiting for the next one to come over - very dark here 

Image-1.jpg

Temp is currently 34.2C 🌞

A quick pic of the towers over towards SW london from west Wickham

B21DC221-BA97-4FB9-8DA3-ADF8E98D82F4.thumb.jpeg.ee289ff77f24192d2bb0156196995819.jpeg

• Like 3

Torrential thunderstorm with high winds and large hailstones here in Twickenham at the moment. Wonderful ! 😃🙂🌩️

• Like 2

Somewhere between 33c and 34c here, still very little in the way of cloud. We should beat the high set last Friday but probably not the hottest day of the year on the 31st July.

Would someone with a thunderstorm, kindly pop it in your car and drop it off over the triangle, thanking you muchly 🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

A quick pic of the towers over towards SW london from west Wickham

B21DC221-BA97-4FB9-8DA3-ADF8E98D82F4.thumb.jpeg.ee289ff77f24192d2bb0156196995819.jpeg

Yep we're right underneath that now. 🙂

Edited by Snow Shoes

Posted (edited)

All stopped now, but distant thunder. I suspect here in NW London we will be too far east for any remaining action this afternoon (which tallies with the warning update). Still, if proven right several more days of potential storm activity to come !

Edited by Mark Bayley

3 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Would someone with a thunderstorm, kindly pop it in your car and drop it off over the triangle, thanking you muchly 🤞

I would if i could 🤪 🙂

• Like 2

I don't think I've heard this much of a constant rumbling of thunder in my life.. Seems somewhere a little south west from here is really getting some (-: so we'll prob miss this one.  But for anyone missing out so far rest assured these come out of nowhere just look at sat24 clouds

Goodluck

The cell appears to be expanding around us as thought it had passed through but now gone very dark and rain is hammering down

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Must be in one of the few spots Between the multiple cells, can hear the odd rumble, but not a drop.of.rain  or thunderstorm . Currently 28.2°c @67% humidity inside the house, and 34^c at Northolt/35°c at Heathrow. Phew it's hot 🔥🌡️🔥🌡️🌡️

Edited by UxbridgeSnow
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Dry air trapped has been capping the atmosphere in the SE for the last few days. You can have all the ingredients there, but if you can't take the lid off, it can't go bang!

Indeed. Some of the most severe storms I've ever seen have come from much lower temperatures, like in the low-mid twenties, but with a lower trigger point.

Constant thunder here but is very elevated with no visible lightning.

What a total toss year its been for kent storms

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, UxbridgeSnow said:

Must be in one of the few spots Between the multiple cells, can hear the odd rumble, but not a drop.of.rain  or thunderstorm . Currently 28.2°c @67% humidity inside the house, and 34^c at Northolt/35°c at Heathrow. Phew it's hot 🔥🌡️🔥🌡️🌡️

Exactly the same. 

Posted (edited)

a 2nd cell seems to have formed behind the first and now just moving over us. You wait months for a storm to arrive and then 2 come along in a row. Hopefully everyone else who are currently missing out will get their fair share today as well. 

Edited by Snow Shoes
  • Like 1

Constant rumbling here in Stevenage too, very bizarre! 🌩️

• Like 1

Just had a really close strike.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1