Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Temp on its way down form a high 34.2 now. Can see cloud to my se now, can't tell what type, except it is above the milky clouds we've had all day. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Temp on its way down form a high 34.2 now. Can see cloud to my se now, can't tell what type, except it is above the milky clouds we've had all day. 

I hope it's the big thundery type.👍🙏

Just got the odd towering cumulus bubbling up now and again here. Frustrating because you can see them growing in real time but they just flatten to nothing 

• Like 2

Topped out here at 34.1c, my device is showing only 31% humidity, is anyone else showing low humidity or is my device lying, it feels really humid to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

Topped out here at 34.1c, my device is showing only 31% humidity, is anyone else showing low humidity or is my device lying, it feels really humid to me.

Isn't it the dew point that is high which is why people feel sweaty.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, John90 said:

Just got the odd towering cumulus bubbling up now and again here. Frustrating because you can see them growing in real time but they just flatten to nothing 

Hi peeps

Hope everyone is well 😊

This hot weather makes you wonder whether it can get anymore oppressive. But those who like the heat must be loving it. Not good here in Walthamstow far too humid.I have got my eyes open now for the thunderstorms and I hope when we do get them they hit us during the night. Some up north were lucky last night there were some huge storms.

Anyway I have kept an eye on the radar and just now some really huge storms are showing up in Northern France. The lightening radar is picking these up well. In fact instead of fizzling out it seems the cluster is getting wider. Folks if these storms stay the same intensity and move up we could be in for a very noisy night tonight. Having said that we have seen this many times before where these storms seem to give some hope but then very quickly fizzle out before getting accriss our shore. 

Lets keep an eye on that radar looks promising fingers crossed.

have a lovely evening 

stay cool

regards 😊😊😊😊

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

@thunderpants Closest I can find to you is Luton, showing 33% humidity, so your app is most likely correct. Us here Norwich showing 55% humidity and 29c

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Snow Shoes said:

The visible sat shows that particular storm does appear to be exploding in size but looking at the trajectory get the sense that the storm is more likely to be pushed towards Holland by the UK storm shield (otherwise known as the English channel).  😩 However there are signs of other rapidly growing cells to the west of that (see attached) which with any luck might potentially head towards the South-East this evening  😎 

Storm cells in France.PNG

It's hugh but doesn't seem to be making much attempt to cross the channel.

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 1

I have the latest Oregon weather station at the moment, temps seem about right and i have it set up correctly so hopefully not to far out , thanks for reply's. 

6 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

@thunderpants Closest I can find to you is Luton, showing 33% humidity, so your app is most likely correct. Us here Norwich showing 55% humidity and 29c

Aye, it was horrendous on the farm, today...Max temp here was the same as it was yesterday, 29C; but the humidity is something else! Sweat, sweat, sweat!!😱

This is horrible!💦

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Still 31c here with just over 50% humidity. Completely cloudless and very little breeze. Quite nice to sit in the shade at least.

Tomorrow looks the same but potentially a little hotter perhaps.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, thunderpants said:

I hope it's the big thundery type.👍🙏

Nope afraid not, a bit of cas, and something that may be anvil going by the rounded shape. 

• Thanks 1

Im gonna pretend this is lightning lol  Thats the top of the storm over the Chiltons 20 miles away I think

IMG_20200811_191123.jpg

• Like 6

Reached 33c here in East London this afternoon - very hot of course. Now 29c but with humidity at 49% so still unpleasantly warm.

Any earlier cloud has dispersed and we have another fine evening.

That's five days of over 30c since last Friday and my guess is another one or perhaps two - off to Arpege for a look.

If those storms in France make it my area I’ll dance naked in the street and post it here. Can’t see it happening ( Reverse psychology lol) 

• Like 4

Friends of mine nr Breda have had a bit of a pummelling, looks like other friends in Middelburg will be seeing some action. Wonder if it can limp across the N Sea, or does Area 51 only work for storms exiting East Anglia?

• Like 2

7:45pm and its 30.1°c in my garden, Haywards Heath West Sussex. (My own weather station in a Stevenson screen)

The kids been in our above ground swimming pool for last 3 hours with no sign of getting out yet lol, i just measured the water temperature and it's 27.9°c without heating

• Like 3

It's 8 o'clock and 32.0c, iv'e had enough and i'm off to stick my head in the fridge.!!🥵😂

• Like 1

Beautiful tower visible just north of Cobham as we joined the A3. Not sure if it's the cell over the M4 around Hayes. 

IMG_20200811_200054.jpg

• Like 4

I've just taken a frozen bath towel out of the freezer and wrapped it around me. It lasted 10 mins before it had to go back in!

• Like 1

Storm over Southall 5 miles away exploded from nothing in 20 minutes!!  Wow heard the distant thunder, amazing

• Like 1