South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

13 minutes ago, Coopsy said:

Not far from you and mainly blue skies here and the temps shot up - I’m a grump now too lol 

I know, the cloud is starting to thin here now and already feels hotter 😩🔥🌡

There had better be a decent storm or two in the pipeline for putting up with this heat!

• Like 5
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Still reading 23c Norwich at midday, that’s thankfully well down on midday yesterday and a definite light NE breeze. Feeling less sick now than this morning with that wind change, I’m guessing the NE wind hasn’t reached Kent yet @alexisj9?

For me I’m in north Kent and no real breeze - certainly doesn’t feel like it’s shifted to the NE yet. 

• Sad 1
23 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Good they are welcome here. 

Looking inland from here, the South Downs seem to be breaking the cloud up and it is disipating.

The channel seems to be acting as a cloud incubator at the moment,and the land a cloud destroyer!

Edited by sunnijim
  • Like 1

Hang on a minute....is that a NE breeze I feel. I think it just might be (not making much difference in the sunshine to though) 

30 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Still reading 23c Norwich at midday, that’s thankfully well down on midday yesterday and a definite light NE breeze. Feeling less sick now than this morning with that wind change, I’m guessing the NE wind hasn’t reached Kent yet @alexisj9?

We have 33.2 now, and an 8 mph sw wind. Been in that range or less, and veriable all day.

Edit tried to post this earlier, but Internet hub over heated, not sure if it worked or not, but as still in editor, posted it now. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, snow raven said:

I know, the cloud is starting to thin here now and already feels hotter 😩🔥🌡

There had better be a decent storm or two in the pipeline for putting up with this heat!

It’ll probably Midlands north that get them as per usual lol 

• Sad 1

I was going to drive to the coast for a bit of relief from the heat but apart from getting  the Aircon on for 20 minutes it seems pointless. 

Real weird day here, got up to 29.4 then dropped to 27 now rising again it’s cloudy and very humid, hope the rest of the heatwave is not going to be cloudy

What difference a little bit more sunshine has. Up 1 degree already to 29.4c.  Does look like the se corner of East Sussex and Kent coast doing well. Hurstmonceux is current to temp at 33c 

Norwich still reading 23c, next closest reading is nearer Ipswich, at 29.5c. Obviously the north is cooler due to the wind direction, as I’m in the middle, although Norwich is the closer station, I’m guessing around 25-26c. Yesterday both stations showed the same readings.  We have some fluffy white clouds about, nothing of any interest though 😏

• Like 1

A noticeable NE wind has kicked in here. Much cooler in the shade. In the sun and out of the wind it’s still bloody hot.

It reminds me of a time a person asked me about living in Canada and the difference between minus 30 and minus 40. My response: miserable or less miserable lol 

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 4

It's a proper sweating doing nothing day. Hopefully this year will be rewarded with some decent storms during next week.

• Like 3

Think I have given up for today, temp has started to drop again, max reached today 29.5 max reached for me this summer 29.5, going to have a nap, and check the thermometer at 5ish hope I get a surprise and it’s above 30 can’t see it though now for today 

• Like 1

The cloud has thinned with some hazy sunshine but still temps have underachieved today it’s a little too late now 32c at Heathrow some way off 35C forecast which I never saw where that was coming from wind direction not playing ball furthermore this cloud was in models, yet the last TV forecast I saw didn’t include any cloud at all for today. Not impressed with AROME today while it did forecast cloud it didn’t get a good grasp of how limiting it would be in London.

59EDA39A-EB17-4A13-981E-6E9818A6BD38.thumb.jpeg.d1d42a03b00d3cfa515034a361c0fbcf.jpeg

here’s a bee in my garden enjoying a foxglove 🙂 

140C9356-A861-49C2-8038-6149E4E650D0.thumb.jpeg.3b7a332c8ffd8a6a8966ccbdb436d2f8.jpeg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3