South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

2 minutes ago, all weather said:

Lovely hot day. Got to 33.4c in my kitchen/office. Who would have thought that I would need to water my grass (partly seeded last week) 3 times today. Was hoping for a drenching, instead got about 10 drops on my patio.

I got nothing, except a half asleep light show to my east now, can't see north, so must be seeing the bulgiem stuff. 

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, claret047 said:

Yes got very hot and humid here in North Springfield. Is the station at the Writtle College? I used to have to visit on occasions of freak weather impacting on County Council buildings when I worked for ECC Property Services Department to inform reports I had to produce to submit to Committee.

Did you see the beautiful sunset this evening. Truly spectacular.

Kind Regards

Dave

Yes, it's at Writtle College. It was a great sunset this evening!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steve Murr said:

Amazing red sky here currently...

Best ive ever seen-

50D32CFC-0141-48E9-AEAB-CEC780140D8C.thumb.jpeg.748333a54734a934ff7f8c707cedd043.jpeg

Yep it was amazing among best I’ve seen so vibrant and ‘heavenly’. 

• Like 2

Anyway It was a very hot one today but the rare time it was quite bearable humidity was low, it isn’t now, however reached 35.6C It’s currently 21.6C.

59 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Well, another spectacular disaster for the south east then

What were you expecting? Storms were always highly unlikely in the SE which has turned out to be the case

3 hours ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

I saw this feature too over North London at about 4pm. Thought I was imagining it as it looked so strange. It was a narrow leading band of cloud, in front of it completely clear skies, behind it lots of higher alto cumulus. Some sort of wind convergence perhaps?

This makes sense. Could see mammatus trying to form on the western edge.

• Like 1

I would say it is feeling fresher today, but actually yesterday morning was quite cool. Sunny skies again to start and actually this weekend is looking okay. Just one or two showers possible on both days. 

Saturday

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?01-05

Still in the mid-twenties for many today.

Sunday

arpegeuk-41-39-0.png?01-06

A little cooler on Sunday, but still decent.

• Like 2

A truly remarkable day yesterday. Maxed out over 35c! 

A friend of mine working in Kuwait however has been in 50-51c, and they are breaking records out there at the moment! A minimum temperature of 36c at night was recorded too. Crazy stuff. Said it was simply too dangerously hot to even venture out. 

• Like 3

Scores on the doors from yesterday (London/East Anglia at least).

36-38c London
34-36c west of the region
30-33c East of the region (coasts cooler though except for Norfolk).

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

This time yesterday shoreham airport was 27c (the max temp) Before it cooled down, now It is 18c much nicer and going to reach about 23c so not much different here than yesterday afternoon.

Edited by Freeze

Not sure about the next couple of years but it's certainly on it's way, i'd say within the 25 years it could a regular occurrence around the the london area.

24 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

will we hit 40c in the UK in the next couple of years?

• Like 1

A beautiful start with clear skies over almost the entire Region (before the cloud builds later). I've got the patio door open and it's lovely to have some refreshing air coming into the house.

1673740548_Satellite02Aug08_35.thumb.jpg.4f9b3873ee39eeedb13014715d475f0e.jpg

Looking like the heat is back with a vengeance from Weds of this coming week. The battle to keep plants in gardens and allotments alive looks set to continue, with GFS suggesting hardly any rain for us over the next ten days. The chart showing quite a NW/SE rainfall split over the UK:

Cum precip to 11th Aug: 1218402326_GFSCumprecip02to11Aug20.thumb.GIF.82e8ae30e66d75ad0231297d51863cb2.GIF

• Like 7

Still hit 25c here today...don't think that was forecast. 31c forecast here on the coast for both upcoming Friday and Saturday and that will probably creep up nearer the time, so probability inland in the south east will probably be nudging 35c+ I would imagine...God help us all.

• Like 1