Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Well off topic but i just got called a tw*t on some severe weather facebook page for correcting someone on the definition of a tornado. Weird how people react to stuff!

Anyway heres hoping for a storm at some point over the next two hours. I don't really like first thing in the morning set ups but ill remain open minded. Its the first time this years that its felt really sweltering. 

1 minute ago, thunderpants said:

Doubt very very much you'll see a storm in the next 2 hours john90, but you never know.

That was supposed to be 24 hours.  I think the heat has got to me!

• Like 1

Went to Hythe today and the beach was packed but many people were keeping their distance. I did get a nice picture though whilst going over the bridge to the park

36.jpg

• Like 8

Went Camber > was lovely.

Very busy but generally good distancing!

• Like 1

Evening All,

Been a long time since I posted on here I hope everyone is well ?. Being a storm lover in summer I do hope it goes bang later tonight I love night time lightening.

Felt really hot here in Walthamstow today but there's a nice breeze out there now.

There are also few more echos now beginning to show over northern France on the radar.hope these are the start of some big storms that will cross the channel and head for us later.

Wishing you all a lovely evening.

take care

regards ????

• Like 4

Strike New Romney and east of Canterbury? According to Lightning Maps

Red blob just appeared off the north Kent coast! Assuming it’s a blip?!

So it looks like tomorrow could be another 90F+ day, but with the heat more to the east of London.

Well, some action on the radar starting to show up leaving France, will it build or fizzle out or just miss us? some interesting radar watching coming up.

Just turning in , will it be a noisy night in Wokingham ? Fingers crossed for a light show later .

Posted (edited)

Looks to be weakening just a heavy band of rain. 

Gone of the White echoes over france. Usual stuff 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Anyone down at Brighton able to see any lightning out at sea

8 hours ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk are again struggling to reach 30C and I doubt they will, looking at the 1pm/2pm temps.

Cavendish (Suffolk) and Writtle (Essex) are often among the hottest places.

Why have they missed out on the peak of the heat this week? Is it because the winds have been E/SE rather than S/SW?

I doubt if we got anywhere near it tbh, didn't feel as hot as yesterday (mind you, I love the heat!) even with less of an onshore breeze/gale. My outdoor thermometer was struggling to reach 24C at 2pm

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I doubt if we got anywhere near it tbh, didn't feel as hot as yesterday (mind you, I love the heat!) even with less of an onshore breeze/gale. My outdoor thermometer was struggling to reach 24C at 2pm

The highest in the East was Lakenheath which squeezed exactly 30.0C out of the heat. Most others didn't get above 29C.

Looks hopeful for tomorrow due to the wind being more southerly, as mentioned above, but it depends on cloud cover due to storms bubbling up.

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

If we avoid the storms, good chance of 31-32 tomorrow in Essex / Suffolk.

• Like 1

Feels like it's getting hotter. If I didn't know what time of year it was and you told me my radiators were on full blast,  I'd believe you.

8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Feels like it's getting hotter. If I didn't know what time of year it was and you told me my radiators were on full blast,  I'd believe you.

Maybe they are? Lol I say this as I put the hot water on this morning and my radiators came on upstairs! On the hottest day of the year. Wasn’t impressed. 

Well that was odd....sitting outside in a very still, humid 21C and I heard a rushing noise, as it got closer I realised it was wind, and a chilly wind at that! Temp dropped to 17C and after about 10 minutes it was silent and still again!

Keep searching the sky for lightening but none yet...

I've just been awoken to a lovely little storm here, with bright white/pink flashes, rolling thunder and rain thats at least torrential on my scale!! 

• Like 1

Lovely pink C-C that spanned across a good portion of the sky just then!!

Woken at 5am by the downdraft ahead of the approaching storm. Went from no wind to crazy and back again in a couple of minutes. Can now hear rumbles in the Channel

1 bolt of lightning here & its over lol..