South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

5 hours ago, John90 said:

Morning. 
Bit of a discrepancy on forecasts In the London area today. BBC going with isolate heavy showers yet the met office seems more confident going for scattered showers, more so in the west. Guessing it’s going to be another day of wait and see. 

The dicrepancy between the BBC and Met Office forecasts for the SE have been unbelievable during this last 7 days or so. And to be fair, the BBC/MetoGroup have been far and away the more accurate. Gone very dull in SW London at 21c.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

After a fine and clear start the cloud soon bubbled up and we had a shower again develop pretty much overhead , This was not particularly heavy and took an age to clear , Then for the last couple of hours we have had quite clear conditions with warm sunshine, I see on the radar and looking south a storm is brewing and surely coming our way . Took these pics of the approaching storm and the retreating blue skies just now .

7A19EFF7-8944-4F48-883C-E994F3DC8E75.jpeg

132F64D9-D0F6-4061-AD80-0030F24D683F.jpeg

28DFB0B2-1D9E-488E-90ED-746D642E7334.jpeg

611C0FB3-9390-4D51-B374-9F4350931D13.png

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 6

Protential for early evening storms heading this way, wishfull thinking!!. By the way superb sun sets in the garden of the ancient mariner pub old Hunstanton. Family in snettisham and Heacham. By god though weather can be sh.. at times, but when it's good it's it's hard to be beaten.  

38 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

After a fine and clear start the cloud soon bubbled up and we had a shower again develop pretty much overhead , This was not particularly heavy and took an age to clear , Then for the last couple of hours we have had quite clear conditions with warm sunshine, I see on the radar and looking south a storm is brewing and surely coming our way . Took these pics of the approaching storm and the retreating blue skies just now .

7A19EFF7-8944-4F48-883C-E994F3DC8E75.jpeg

132F64D9-D0F6-4061-AD80-0030F24D683F.jpeg

28DFB0B2-1D9E-488E-90ED-746D642E7334.jpeg

611C0FB3-9390-4D51-B374-9F4350931D13.png

Well, what can I say, Mark: almost unbroken, very warm sunshine and a barely cooling sea-breeze...? But I was watching the convergence zone (the one that's close to @chrisbell-nottheweatherman?) receding slowly away into the dark blue yonder...!:oldgrin:

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Well, what can I say, Mark: almost unbroken, very warm sunshine and a barely cooling sea-breeze...? But I was watching the convergence zone (the one that's close to @chrisbell-nottheweatherman?) receding slowly away into the dark blue yonder...!:oldgrin:

Thanks for the mention, mate - rain developed back down that line, to the point where we had some large, convective drops.

• Like 2

Constant booming rumbles heard in Bexleyheath.  Whoever is under the storm I can hear is very lucky!  I hope it wafts my way ?

• Like 1

Oh look the showers and storms forecast for Thursday are going to miss Kent according to the latest met video forecast even though a warning is out lol quel surprise ?

1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Well the shower/s that we’re building quite quickly just dissipated around me and only remarkably delivered some light rain . Now we have almost clear blue skies and a distant shower can be seen , I really thought a storm was coming through here but it was not to be today , So far at least ?.

CCF2FCC8-5CAB-49F9-B82F-4E517984F683.png

2ECB1EEE-CA78-4ED8-B35E-A68B12793495.jpeg

9250BBC7-1A4B-44B9-B782-206948B9172A.jpeg

• Like 3

had some hail, heavy rain and thunder. very happy.

Not so happy the storm built as it went away and i was wrong i wouldn't see anything.

But was nice listening to it.

• Like 2

Here's hoping for a bit more of a chance down here tomorrow was close but no cigar today,  good to see people further North getting some good storms over the past two days, is there more of a cap in place for the majority of our region as things seem limited and then go pop further North West?

Edited by Cableguy
3 hours ago, General Cluster said:

Good spot with the convergence zone Pete. Look at the radar and then look at the Arpege mean wind flow forecast for late afternoon - a NE'ly curling south meets a southerly flow going north - and up it all goes. Makes it clear why the storms formed where they did.

1461684668_Radar16Jun19_40.thumb.jpg.0c10991b6384c15e0448528c4ab25a8d.jpg1088855005_ArpegeWindflow16Jun17_00.thumb.png.37b38adbe67af89121072567e6541623.png

• Like 7

Morning 

MO says a night of 18c here today, however it is already 17.8c so think that might not be quite right!

Forecast also shows heavy rain here from midnight but the warning doesn’t start until midday tomorrow...something tells me they don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow apart from there might be heavy rain somewhere!

Not in the zones again today ? it’s dull and humid this morning, just a little storm would be nice, not asking for non stop torrential rain, just a few lightening strikes, to break up the day. ?⚠️

• Like 3