South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

On 22/05/2020 at 18:50, Mark wheeler said:

Yep completely agree they normally slowly up the temps nearer the time , I think it goes off the GFS raw data but I stand corrected if I’m wrong . This last spell was upgraded up to the day before when they finally settled on 28c I’ve heard the bbc weather this evening saying high 20s are likely next week. 

Hope so Mark. Bring it on after that soaking wet winter we’ve just endured, 

1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

The rain that fell in South Ockendon in the early afternoon left a lovely fresh smell which I have not smelled since the 90's.

I could smell my white rose Bush as soon as I opened the back door, whole garden smelt of it. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, mark4 said:

Here in Chelmsford Essex we got nothing, so hit and miss.

Indeed Mark.

We could really do with some steady rain for a few hours preferably at night. I have an allotment off Avon Road and the ground is rock hard and bone dry which means having to water it every day. It's also a frost hollow and we suffer damage to crops when other parts of Chelmo don't. 

Looking at next week's charts on the Model thread it looks as if we are going to have more of the same as far as no rain is concerned.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hopefully, there will be more unforecasted heavy showers of rain and that it will be more widespread.  Today is much cooler than yesterday as it has just nudged to 18.2C at 13:16.  The temperature inside is 22.6C.    It was overcast earlier on in the day and the sun only started to appear from midday onwards. My poppies are in bloom on one day and the other day their petals are closed.

• Like 1

Well that was an epic forecast failure today, that’s for sure.. Disappointing that they can still be so wrong at a range of one day.

Been pleasant here today,still strong breeze but had sunny intervals and max of 21.5 looking forward to some very warm days ahead ?

Morning

MO has us here on the SE coast with a high of 18c today. Currently 17.3c so hoping to exceed their forecast as it’s my day off work!

Have a lovely socially distanced bank holiday everyone ?

Morning all, looking at a confident possible trend to unsettled weather for start of June and looks quite cool too.. I just have a horrible feeling that this summer is going to make up for this warm dry and sunny spring..Especially as most people in the UK are likely to take a holiday in July and August when we hope the holiday parks / hotels/ hospitality reopen July 3rd. 

Just hope for these business we can have a summer like last year... if not then I dread to think how many will shut down and jobs will be lost...Pubs will only reopen if they can get people outside.. The weather gods can be so cruel at times i just have a feeling they won’t play ball...I just hope I’m wrong ...

• Like 3

Cloud already starting to bubble up a fair bit here by 1030am....let’s hope we don’t get loads of infill to ruin what could be a glorious day.

1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

Cloud already starting to bubble up a fair bit here by 1030am....let’s hope we don’t get loads of infill to ruin what could be a glorious day.

Again cloud just bubbling up over the SE, similar to what happened last Wednesday. Hopefully, it won’t be as extensive as then.

5 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Morning

MO has us here on the SE coast with a high of 18c today. Currently 17.3c so hoping to exceed their forecast as it’s my day off work!

Have a lovely socially distanced bank holiday everyone ?

22.1c so far...4c warmer than predicted! 

F46A0ADA-D652-42CC-B792-647005A2DC1E.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Trying to remember the last time we had a 'bad' Spring/Summer Bank Holiday? - it feels like we don't get them anymore. Beautiful day here...

Makes a nice change, it’s been happening frequently these last few years. Before that, though....it was pretty rare to get a decent BH weekend. Maybe one day, if lucky!

Am a bit jealous of the weather in the SE today, it’s 26°C and sunny in west London but here it’s grim. A gusty wind, loads of cloud with passing heavy showers and just 12°C. 

2F3E4E77-1BC6-4785-B12C-1EBEB9AB26B9.jpeg

• Like 3

A lovely sunny afternoon in South Ockendon.  The temperature at 5:51pm is 23.5 Celsius and the humidity is 41%.  The barometer pressure is 1030.4 hPa.

Cumulus Glorious.jpg

Cumulus Glorius.jpg

IMG_20200525_155838.jpg

IMG_20200525_155828.jpg

• Like 4

Predicted temp here according to bbc app was 21 degrees been up to 24 today currently 22 degrees lovely spell of weather. Getting me in to bad habits working from home having early evening beer in the sun cheers ?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Sun coming out here to clearing skies as the bit of early morning low cloud lifts away

4A3C3306-08D5-4C16-8889-7161B3478B11.thumb.jpeg.c030b6c4cf3a31a7517be580a7a0a6bb.jpeg

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 2

Beautiful start to the day and already quite warm , I was worried that the front coming down will lead to cloudy skies but here at least that has not happened , Today is both my wife and daughters birthday so I have my hands full to keep them entertained.

• Like 1