South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

great to see >> Even if it just looks nice.

Forecasts spot on - transition zone over london + Evap cooling

Heavy snow here now - would have been great at home !!

Never mind have a great day

You was spot on met Office was saying no snow you went against them spot on 

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

I've been a bit of a lurker this winter as not much to report about. BUT I'VE SEEN A FLAKE OF SNOW. ??️

Started off sleeting in Epsom, now snowing. Think it's stopping now. Oh well. 

• Like 3

Morning all ?

The "wintry mix" has reached lowland East London so it's good to be able to report I've seen falling snow in the 2019-20 winter season.

It's not going to settle - the surfaces are too warm - but it's nice to see and it looks as though we have a bit more of this rain/sleet/snow mix to come though amounts not large.

• Like 3

Been snowing last 45 mins , I was saying to the wife it was transferring to snow she said I was mad and it was rain . She has conceded now ??. I can spot a flake falling in a flash , Years of practice . Anyway happy now that we have not had a snowless winter here in Chessington .

• Like 8

Fun while it lasted - a couple of hours of decent snow....back to sleety rain now as it clears away, and melting quickly too. When the sun makes it here soon it'll all be gone. Nice to see it anyway!

• Like 2