South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

it’s really really trying here in Bromley, a few snowflakes in the rain, let’s see if the cold air continues to dig southwards and it can bring me into something a little more conducive 

• Like 1

Light sleet here in Raynes Park so we have avoided a blank for snow falling days through the winter months!  Yipee!

Light/moderate snow now, had some bigger flakes earlier but nothing settling. Nice to see after 2 years of waiting though! Shame the colder air didn’t undercut earlier 

Bloody snowing ! has been for last 30 minutes bear in mind I’m sea level... picked up in intensity I’m happy ? 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, saint said:

Wow you guys have done well just up the road! 

On the north side bordering Weston Hills about 120m asl. Fairly rural all around us so no urban heating either. Town will be just a bit of slush I expect 

• Like 2

Unmistakably snow here in Bromley, no settling obviously but it’s quite heavy - looks like something slightly heavier on the radar just NW of London and maybe that will come here soon

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Looks like evaporation cooling in in operation

I think it's the cold air digging in now. 

• Like 1

great to see >> Even if it just looks nice.

Forecasts spot on - transition zone over london + Evap cooling

Heavy snow here now - would have been great at home !!

Never mind have a great day

• Like 6