South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

Been snowing for around an hour and a half now, just East of Watford. Flakes keep fluctuating in size, but fields are now turning an ever so slightly lighter shade of green! 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, daveinleices said:

Probably 70/30 rain/snow here in Shepherds Bush now, fear that’s the best we may get!

Make that 50/50 - just need the colder air to dig further south and that heavier blob to the NW to come here to increase evaporative cooling!

Edit: Mostly snow now, but stopping ?‍♂️

Edited by daveinleices

4.8mm rain since midnight. 

Currently 2.8c.

Another degree or two lower and lower DPs would have made all the difference. 

Weekend looking lively anyway which is something. 

2 hours ago, Tim Bland said:

Heavy snow in Stevenage / Weston now. Starting to settle on grass and cars etc 

Same in Hatfield...Heavy and settling on cars and grass, nice to see it falling, but wont amount to anything..as was expected and par for the course this winter

19 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Well, well -- there's so much snow in the sleet, I'm ready for a 'Shaky' moment: Snow is falling all around...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

Yay sleety snow, it’s the best we’re gonna get ❄️ 

• Like 2

"Here" must be the most popular place on this forum, everyone is there ? for those of us on mobile devices your location doesn't come up,  so we don't have a clue where "here" is. Light rain here in Sevenoaks 

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

I'm near Streatham common and it's snowing.. 

Looks like evaporation cooling in in operation

Finally snowing here in canary wharf - very wet of course but at sea level most impressed

• Like 2