Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

Well Storm Dennis was a bit of flop. But its very mild here in East Dene. Temps up to 13C. 55F. In old money. Just drizzly here with light winds. Looking good for next weekend with predictions for 14 or 15C. Temps you would expect in March. The lawn needs mowing, but its a bit wet. Good health to you all.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, TROY said:

Well Storm Dennis was a bit of flop. But its very mild here in East Dene. Temps up to 13C. 55F. In old money. Just drizzly here with light winds. Looking good for next weekend with predictions for 14 or 15C. Temps you would expect in March. The lawn needs mowing, but its a bit wet. Good health to you all.

Bit of a flop . Your having a laugh ! Spent night down near Brighton kept awake all night by strong winds and lashing rain . Just driven up via  Gatwick airport fields absolutely flooded cars in a field submerged and main roads flooded in parts and we’ve not even had all the rain yet ! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

New water butt almost full now round the allotment. Going to be great early growing season hopefully. Soil extremely wet now, which is great. ? 

What’s your first crop? Rice?

• Like 9

Although I appreciate people have had it much much worst, it hasn't been any worst to me than the storms I had growing up on the coast. In fact it wasn't a Sunday if it wasn't cloudy wet and windy. My parents loved watching the wild sea and a lot of people would sit in their cars just watching or even playing chicken with the waves. Considered idiotic by todays standards. But then again storms weren't named in those days. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TROY said:

horizontal rain last nite fences down roads flooded and now a line of rain hitting us. Flop for you maybe but for others not 

Interesting drive to work this morning! River has well and truly burst its banks, can't tell lane from river in places! Have lived here all my life and never seen such extensive flooding on this lane.

20200216_104938.jpg

20200216_105016.jpg

• Like 9

On 08/02/2020 at 09:48, Snipper said:

In the 87 storm damaged caused was quite variable. Some areas completely trashed and others less so. 

Remember well looking out our bedroom window to see mature trees falling everywhere. We had no electricity  for nearly a week.  Took a car battery into work and charged it up so we could watch TV for a couple of hours each night on a little portable. Fortunately we did not rely on electricity for heating.  

No mobile phone nor did the landline work. So there was one benefit.

Everyone itching to go all electric to save the planet? Always nice in these circumstances to have Plan B if you can.

AMBER WARNING FOR MOST OF england just announced

• Like 1