South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A notable gap in the squall line.... heading straight for my location. :olddoh:

70287395_Radar16Feb07_10.thumb.jpg.ee40ff596acf04adb9f5ad9d82abbaa5.jpg

I was the same for ciara and by the looks of it, the squall line is passing on dennis over our area with a mild yellow. Luck or bad luck who knows.  Woke me up a few times last night though. Hard to say if it was worse than last weekend as the worst of it looks to of been while people were asleep.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Easily here to... This was going to be the case in some areas and not others.. Will take photos of lake at back of my garden its risen maybe 2 or 3" neighbours are worried.. My garden how resembles a pond.. The issue where I am is the ground water level if high enough floods all our back gardens and right up to the back doors last time.. 

We have a similar problem in the front garden: water runs off the raised farmland across the road and heads our way. ? That flowing water sound...?

14 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

Here we go!

Yes Mal it just passed through here . Wife was wondering why I was waiting by the window and asked if it was snowing ?.  I’m afraid not I replied but we may need a boat for transport if this carries on much longer .

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Are we going to have water shortages this summer I wonder??

Probably.. This is the wrong type of rain remember 

• Like 3

Squall line near  me  and    it could  get very heavy in parts of  the south  east   very soon

Yesterday morning 

IMG_20200215_075955.thumb.jpg.cac633a3e974b12a7fb7f0ae17164c9a.jpg

This morning 

IMG_20200216_084239.thumb.jpg.79b826ef629d7f2b1d592632c76a3ca3.jpg

I think my 2-3" was a bit premature.. Looks a bit more than that.. It's close now to reaching the flat ground that pours the water into the houses back gardens.. 

IMG_20200216_084246.thumb.jpg.b6af673cd5342084fbaa5c0d0c439af0.jpg

IMG_20200216_084251.thumb.jpg.f1106d19f63902a259abd844fb6e8b1f.jpg

• Like 5

Still very windy here. Loads of rain. Temp is 10C...............Many are saying that Dennis is worse than Ciara

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Still very windy here. Loads of rain. Temp is 10C...............Many are saying that Dennis is worse than Ciara

It depends. If you're talking about wind, then it's Ciara.  But if you're talking about rainfall, then it's Dennis.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Zak M said:

It depends. If you're talking about wind, then it's Ciara.  But if you're talking about rainfall, then it's Dennis.

I see what you mean, but it depends on those in affected areas. I agree the rain is worse with Storm Dennis, but many have also said that the wind has been stronger too

• Like 2

That squall line that went through was really bad here, very strong winds and rain. Now it's all gone calm and sort of eerie.

• Like 1

Met office have me down for heavy rain till 4pm this afternoon.. Feeling for people further north that have really suffered from flooding =(

• Like 1

What sort of wind gusts did we have earlier this morning, met office shows max minds at just over 40 mph, seems low to me. I mean the wind woke me up and that rarely happens.

7 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Gone quiet here in Boxley too,  feeling quite mild also.

Few trees down in the Country Lanes and Flooding also 

3 minutes ago, Oaks said:

Its gone calm all of a sudden, mild too. Sevenoaks 

Yes it's strange how calm it's gone all of a sudden.

• Like 1

Rain really setting in again..

Most models in agreement that this won't clear our region till later this afternoon.. Then some heavy blustery showers to follow.. 

Screenshot_20200216_095035_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7e511378cb36a1d3e7cfa5ca50c9c8e9.jpg

Edited by Surrey

Its gone really quiet here. I've spent most of the morning looking at the massive Eucalyptus tree in my garden hoping it stays upright. Glad the gusts have calmed down. Just got to keep an eye on the rain now as we've been on Flood Alert since yesterday.