Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Well that was interesting!  One of the areas of rain developed a squall line earlier this afternoon, which swung across much of Norfolk and produced CG strikes, one of which tripped a fuse in a substation nearby.  Ironic that we didn't lose power during the storm yesterday, but did to lightning today!

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, snowray said:

Red blob just went through, very intense PPN and wind, no idea what was coming out of the sky but net result is a white, wet mess.

Sleet wet snow now.

1 minute ago, snowray said:

Sleet wet snow now.

Is that in Erith ?

Temp check 4.3c New Ash Green 

3.8 West Kingsdown 

Colder air digging in now

Edited by Steve Murr
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Is that in Erith ?

Yes, upper Erith on the hill. Had two of the red blobs on the radar go through, all over already though. My car is still just about sloshy white.

4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes, upper Erith on the hill. Had two of the red blobs on the radar go through, all over already though. My car is still just about sloshy white.

So 2 things here - 

- The northern boundary of cold air is straddling North / South London gradually sinking south

- The PPN intensity > IE the blob is dragging the ZDL to the surface but its a very localised area-

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Well I didn’t think it would happen but the Medway Snow shield has broken!

its mixed in with rain but it’s flakes!

Same. Wouldn't class the shield as broken until it's just proper snow though.