Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

23 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

Hastings. Honestly, people who go out surfing in a storm and therefore put others lives as risk should be prosecuted, imo.

I'm just back from a tour around my favoured spots in Hastings, St Leonards on Sea and Bexhill and watched this drama unfold just a few yards from from where I sat in my car.

The moron was surfing at Rock a Nore, a regular spot for experienced surfers when the waves are favourable as it is partly sheltered by a jetty type feature but today the waves were totally unsuitable for surfing.  i have a couple of photo's of him as he clambered onto the car park several times holding his surfboard before going back into the water again.

After several attempts he was parted from his surfboard and for what seemed like an eternity was attempting to swim back and forth ( but bizzarely not back to shore ). The Coastguards were called and duly arrived along with the Fire Brigade and Police.

By then the guy had been in the water without his surfboard for about 15-20 minutes but I couldn't see him. I stayed there for almost an hour, not as a morbid onlooker I hasten to add, by now the emergency services were a couple of hundred yards away from my location. By the time I left there was no sign of the lifeboat which surprised me at the time because the lifeboat station is probably no more than 3-400 yards away. I have no idea what the eventual outcome was but having watched that video I am glad the RNLI are my nominated charity of choice.

I may post some photos I took on my tour around the area later on this evening, along with some more stories about some of the brain dead muppets I witnessed on the seafront today.

• Like 5
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this mornin

Shower cloud lit up nicely by the low sun earlier this evening north of Heathrow where I work.

Nice bit of snow here this morning, so that means it won’t go down as one of the worst winters I can remember but only by the skin of its teeth . Photos below ?

Posted Images

I'm not sure it's quite over yet, but the strong winds might be for most, seems to be another squall running down, may be anyone who didn't get much from this one might get that. Also showers building in between, sought of like what happened between the first squall and this one. 

20 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

I'm just back from a tour around my favoured spots in Hastings, St Leonards on Sea and Bexhill and watched this drama unfold just a few yards from from where I sat in my car.

The moron was surfing at Rock a Nore, a regular spot for experienced surfers when the waves are favourable as it is partly sheltered by a jetty type feature but today the waves were totally unsuitable for surfing.  i have a couple of photo's of him as he clambered onto the car park several times holding his surfboard before going back into the water again.

After several attempts he was parted from his surfboard and for what seemed like an eternity was attempting to swim back and forth ( but bizzarely not back to shore ). The Coastguards were called and duly arrived along with the Fire Brigade and Police.

By then the guy had been in the water without his surfboard for about 15-20 minutes but I couldn't see him. I stayed there for almost an hour, not as a morbid onlooker I hasten to add, by now the emergency services were a couple of hundred yards away from my location. By the time I left there was no sign of the lifeboat which surprised me at the time because the lifeboat station is probably no more than 3-400 yards away. I have no idea what the eventual outcome was but having watched that video I am glad the RNLI are my nominated charity of choice.

I may post some photos I took on my tour around the area later on this evening, along with some more stories about some of the brain dead muppets I witnessed on the seafront today.

Think he was found alive down by pett level

28 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Makes you wonder what happened to these idiot's sense of self preservation. 

As regards the squall line, it weakened in the sector I was under as it approached.  Still has very squally winds and exceptionally heavy storm rain, though.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
4 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

image.thumb.png.eeb1de3a2a99eb9d4a4dda80037c719a.png

A Trampoline was blown on to the Railway, between Chelsfield (near Orpington) and Sevenoaks.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Frustrated at missing connection, South Eastern commuter completes his journey in a unique way!!

Of course, a few miles further down the Line towards Sevenoaks is the quaintly named, Bat and Ball Station.

image.thumb.png.a3ab232da2a69a6f927e343b152f50ba.png

Today's Trampoline episode, turned out to be a marketing ploy by Southern Region to advertise their decision to rename ALL their Stations, after Garden accessories.

Whatever next? All Stations to Paddling Pool!!

Meanwhile, second squall line was very lively and went through after Nurse Septic, had just finished giving me a shower. Had it been Summer, would've stood out in it, to save on the "leccy"

Poor Colette, bit of a "Busman's Holiday" for her, on her Day off from the Residential Care Home.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

We just had the strongest wind gust of the entire storm so far in Bexhill, completely out of nowhere! Really bent and whipped all the trees, and I heard something crash in the distance. I assumed the peak had already passed? I’m not complaining though!

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 2