Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Morning

MO has us here on the SE coast with a high of 18c today. Currently 17.3c so hoping to exceed their forecast as it’s my day off work!

Have a lovely socially distanced bank holiday everyone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Morning all, looking at a confident possible trend to unsettled weather for start of June and looks quite cool too.. I just have a horrible feeling that this summer is going to make up for this warm dry and sunny spring..Especially as most people in the UK are likely to take a holiday in July and August when we hope the holiday parks / hotels/ hospitality reopen July 3rd. 

Just hope for these business we can have a summer like last year... if not then I dread to think how many will shut down and jobs will be lost...Pubs will only reopen if they can get people outside.. The weather gods can be so cruel at times i just have a feeling they won’t play ball...I just hope I’m wrong ...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Cloud already starting to bubble up a fair bit here by 1030am....let’s hope we don’t get loads of infill to ruin what could be a glorious day.

Posted
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

Cloud already starting to bubble up a fair bit here by 1030am....let’s hope we don’t get loads of infill to ruin what could be a glorious day.

Again cloud just bubbling up over the SE, similar to what happened last Wednesday. Hopefully, it won’t be as extensive as then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Trying to remember the last time we had a 'bad' Spring/Summer Bank Holiday? - it feels like we don't get them anymore. Beautiful day here...

• Like 4

Posted
5 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Morning

MO has us here on the SE coast with a high of 18c today. Currently 17.3c so hoping to exceed their forecast as it’s my day off work!

Have a lovely socially distanced bank holiday everyone

22.1c so far...4c warmer than predicted! 

F46A0ADA-D652-42CC-B792-647005A2DC1E.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Clear and sunny here with a gentle breeze and a current temp of 24.2c.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Trying to remember the last time we had a 'bad' Spring/Summer Bank Holiday? - it feels like we don't get them anymore. Beautiful day here...

Makes a nice change, it’s been happening frequently these last few years. Before that, though....it was pretty rare to get a decent BH weekend. Maybe one day, if lucky!

Am a bit jealous of the weather in the SE today, it’s 26°C and sunny in west London but here it’s grim. A gusty wind, loads of cloud with passing heavy showers and just 12°C. 

2F3E4E77-1BC6-4785-B12C-1EBEB9AB26B9.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

A lovely sunny afternoon in South Ockendon.  The temperature at 5:51pm is 23.5 Celsius and the humidity is 41%.  The barometer pressure is 1030.4 hPa.

Cumulus Glorious.jpg

Cumulus Glorius.jpg

IMG_20200525_155838.jpg

IMG_20200525_155828.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Lovely and sunny here with a few high clouds and little wind, current temp 26.1c.

Posted

Predicted temp here according to bbc app was 21 degrees been up to 24 today currently 22 degrees lovely spell of weather. Getting me in to bad habits working from home having early evening beer in the sun cheers

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Beautiful start to the day and already quite warm , I was worried that the front coming down will lead to cloudy skies but here at least that has not happened , Today is both my wife and daughters birthday so I have my hands full to keep them entertained.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Another epic failure of a forecast. Lots of cloud, and it’s increasing. Supposed to be sunny all day. How can it be so wrong?

Guess it depends on the forecast you're looking at - forecasts here have a fair bit of cloud through the day in your location:

hot.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

The latest hour-by-hour weather forecast for Sible Hedingham over the next 7 days. Also includes pollen count and UV index. Updated four times a day to keep you upto date.

That said, cloud under high pressure is one of the tougher things to forecast. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Guess it depends on the forecast you're looking at - forecasts here have a fair bit of cloud through the day in your location:

hot.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

The latest hour-by-hour weather forecast for Sible Hedingham over the next 7 days. Also includes pollen count and UV index. Updated four times a day to keep you upto date.

That said, cloud under high pressure is one of the tougher things to forecast. 

That’s changed a lot from the forecast earlier on then.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

That’s changed a lot from the forecast earlier on then.

Not a huge amount tbh, variations on the same thing but generally quite cloudy in the SE. The forecasts are UKV based, and here't the last 4 runs:

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2020.05.27-10_41_56.png

• Like 1

Posted

And yet a so-called professional body says this:

Rather cloudy at times for north-western parts, with some rain or drizzle expected across western Scotland later this afternoon and evening. Elsewhere any early cloud clearing to leave a largely sunny and very warm day. Refreshingly cooler near coasts.

I always think it’s embarrassing that they are not even close.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A nice day so far, for not having yet more blistering sunshine. Yet! Still nice and warm, though?:oldgood:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

And yet a so-called professional body says this:

Rather cloudy at times for north-western parts, with some rain or drizzle expected across western Scotland later this afternoon and evening. Elsewhere any early cloud clearing to leave a largely sunny and very warm day. Refreshingly cooler near coasts.

I always think it’s embarrassing that they are not even close.

I think, if you're expecting to get a specific local forecast from a few sentences which cover the whole UK, you're likely to often be disappointed unfortunately - if the weather was that uniform then it would make local forecasts pretty pointless   It is going to be sunny for much of the UK today - largely sunny doesn't necessarily mean 'everywhere will be sunny'.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul said:

I think, if you're expecting to get a specific local forecast from a few sentences which cover the whole UK, you're likely to often be disappointed unfortunately - if the weather was that uniform then it would make local forecasts pretty pointless   It is going to be sunny for much of the UK today - largely sunny doesn't necessarily mean 'everywhere will be sunny'.

I do get that but even the SE Met Office forecast only mentions patchy cloud!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I do get that but even the SE Met Office forecast only mentions patchy cloud!

To be fair - it is patchy - more so than the UKV suggests too. Just not in your part of Essex right now 

screenshot-www.netweather.tv-2020.05.27-11_06_38.png