Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

After the early morning gloom it's back to glourious deep blue skies, temps not as high as yesterday but still very nice indeed, current temp here 17.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well in Lockford or bedford but we shall keep to Lockford for now, it's been non stop clear and sunny. Some cloud in the morning that quickly goes and warm. Light breeze. 

• Like 1

Posted

Yes another gorgeous day, that is 7 in a row unless I’ve lost count. Cool clouds briefly overhead today not sure what they’re called have seen before, but these ‘cauliflowers’ were very defined. 

C664C445-37CD-4062-A04A-BBD9B78B38CD.thumb.jpeg.eed9e5a4204e10fdae6ab0e25552d3c0.jpegB0C5FDD3-3DAF-46D4-9EBA-3433ABAE53C3.thumb.jpeg.a8b055d05e89c053f391766da18f14c4.jpeg319C3939-1488-4C52-8C51-59671F32BE54.thumb.jpeg.5438f1f984726abcc93f2baf3aff1bc4.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty mornings,freezing fog(makes the trees look nice!),snow,summer storms

Change is afoot with a very narrow band of rain/showers as of now heading in from the west, temps lower than recent values with a high here of 16.7c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Cloudy here and feels quite muggy with the temperature just short of 21c which is warmer than the past wall to wall sunny days...expecting some well needed rain tomorrow and by the sounds of it temperatures below normal for the first time in a while (here anyway).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Evening all

I am really looking forward to the weather coming up over the next week or so if the models are anything to go by. By the early hours of tomorrow morning I am hoping to hear rain pitta patting on my roof tiles. We certainly need the rain, My allotment was like a dust bowl this afternoon and it was like trying to dig through concrete.

The following couple of days thereafter look unsettled with showers, some heavy, but also with some sunny intervals. After tomorrow's very cool day it will gradually warm up and feel quite pleasant in the garden where it is sheltered. 

Next weekend looks like it will warm up further and early next week there is a chance of a Spanish Plume with a thundery breakdown.

There will after tomorrow likely to be some great skyscapes at times as showers form so happy snapping.

Kind regards

Dave

• Like 4

Posted
24 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Good Evening all

I am really looking forward to the weather coming up over the next week or so if the models are anything to go by. By the early hours of tomorrow morning I am hoping to hear rain pitta patting on my roof tiles. We certainly need the rain, My allotment was like a dust bowl this afternoon and it was like trying to dig through concrete.

The following couple of days thereafter look unsettled with showers, some heavy, but also with some sunny intervals. After tomorrow's very cool day it will gradually warm up and feel quite pleasant in the garden where it is sheltered. 

Next weekend looks like it will warm up further and early next week there is a chance of a Spanish Plume with a thundery breakdown.

There will after tomorrow likely to be some great skyscapes at times as showers form so happy snapping.

Kind regards

Dave

Yes, at long last some interesting weather on the cards. A bit of everything over the next few days, even a few storms perhaps. Its incredibly dry and dusty, cant do much on the allotment either as you say. Hopefully get some planting done this week. Desperately need the rain in these parts, and hopefully plenty of it. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day here in Dover, done the hedge today, before the rain comes tonight. Full garden now sorted, at least till its dry again lol, already got bits of bramble coming up, so when the sun comes back, more gardening. 

Posted

The first glum day in a while very humid feel but fresher now tomorrow looks to be very wet it has been an age latest ECM has worst affecting South London and Surrey.. 20mm a deluge for these parts.

95730A27-ED5D-446C-AA64-864BEE6B09B2.thumb.png.93038303f11906768ecbaa43e85d4ddc.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The first area of rain just easing here with my gauge showing 2mm (at 07.45). The radar suggesting nothing too heavy for the next couple of hours.
The overnight Arpege run suggesting most of us should see at least 10mm today, which will certainly be welcomed by my garden - if it materialises. There's another band of heavier rainfall currently showing from South Wales through to the Isle of Wight that should move through later, so hopefully that will boost my totals.

Arpege cum to midnight: 1227758378_ArpegeCumPrecip0z28Aprilfor28April.thumb.png.ac105578c806f8e22030c8c5c03a1974.png Radar 07.25: 1362229895_Radar28April07_25.thumb.jpg.e20e156d865e93e293da9678dc49a3d2.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
typo
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Here near Hunstanton, the radar has been showing light rain for over two hours now and not a drop has actually reached the ground.  All evapourating on the way down.  The garden is absolutely parched and needs this desperately.

Posted

First decent drop of rain here for a long time. The dawn chours this morning seemed extra loud so not just the garderners but the birds appreciating the rain too. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Daniel* said:

The first glum day in a while very humid feel but fresher now tomorrow looks to be very wet it has been an age latest ECM has worst affecting South London and Surrey.. 20mm a deluge for these parts.

It's certainly raining hard here this morning. As others have observed, a good top-up for farms and gardens, although our local park still has a whole muddy side under the long shadow of shady trees from the months of winter rain that has yet to drain away fully. I personally have really enjoyed the sunny weather and hope we can keep the rain/sun balance going (too much to dream of?). I see there is speculation about queuing for supermarkets in the rain - will this mean less people out shopping? And walking? Driving?

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Reefseeker said:

It's certainly raining hard here this morning. As others have observed, a good top-up for farms and gardens, although our local park still has a whole muddy side under the long shadow of shady trees from the months of winter rain that has yet to drain away fully. I personally have really enjoyed the sunny weather and hope we can keep the rain/sun balance going (too much to dream of?). I see there is speculation about queuing for supermarkets in the rain - will this mean less people out shopping? And walking? Driving?

I ended up with 12mm more than triple I had up to this point. Undoubtedly, I have seen so many outside enjoying the weather me included but mostly in my garden, so perhaps a blessing in disguise let’s hope it doesn’t last too long though. I’m sceptical of heatwave output but our region looks best to see return of settled/warm conditions. 

• Like 2

Posted

Just drizzle here, but I did hear some heavy rain over night, about one or two o'clock. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Quite enjoying the rain today, good for the plants. But I hope the newly born spring wildlife doesn't suffer too much this week. ?️

Posted

In end ended up with 17.8mm that is a lot of rain for these parts, the change is phenomenal went from summer to winter after 6am my max was only 8.3C.

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

In end ended up with 17.8mm that is a lot of rain for these parts, the change is phenomenal went from summer to winter after 6am my max was only 8.3C.

I thought we had sleet earlier, went outside, turned out some prat was having a bonfire, and it was Ash, wasn't even on my road, but couldn't breath, as the drizzly rain was keeping the smoke down. Who on earth has a bonfire in the rain, madness. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Haven't seen rain like that for a while. Saves me the job of watering the veggies. 

Poor cats were locked out by a house a few doors down all day and were completely soaked through. All day they were crying to be let in

Posted
14 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

I thought we had sleet earlier, went outside, turned out some prat was having a bonfire, and it was Ash, wasn't even on my road, but couldn't breath, as the drizzly rain was keeping the smoke down. Who on earth has a bonfire in the rain, madness. 

Good thing you don’t live near to a volcano  

Another disappointing day the type of rain that soaks everything but barely much of trace London sees this quite often shielded by Chilterns/N Downs, everything now is very damp, and I’m starting to wonder if it was all just a dream.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Bexhill just had a very sharp burst of rain, courtesy of what looks like a small bit of embedded convection on radar. At least up to torrential on my scale for a couple of minutes or so!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

So far this week the forecast rainfall amounts have failed to materialise. Just 5.9mm Tuesday (versus forecast of 10 - 20mm) and Wednesday 1.3mm. Overnight last night another 3.3mm from a short, sharp band of heavier rain. Let's see what today brings - I'm looking forward to it as there should be some heavy showers coming through on a brisk wind. Finally some April showers and big cumulus clouds to enjoy. :oldsmile:

Arome take on showers at 16.00: 1490196016_AromePrecip30April16_00.thumb.png.8656881be454279830ec5b980585c3d9.png

• Like 1

Posted

Those showers moving in from the s/w look rather ominous.

• Like 1