Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2019 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Well, what a morning that was!

Snow has completely melted now - but at around 7:30 this morning, the snow was getting really heavy and there were some big snowflakes too - around 2cm in diameter.

Mother Nature did try to show off her powers considering the horrific winter most of us have had this year!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Optimistic said:

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this morning

20200227_091409.jpg

20200227_092648.jpg

Hi nice photos

what was the max depth you saw >  looks about 3cm

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Hi nice photos

Looks like Dunstable, Chilterns/north of London was the sweet spot, majority only saw some wet snow falling. Sun is out and again temperatures almost up to normal, 7.5c currently.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Hi nice photos

Thanks. Hope next snow event will include the whole region. I would say up to 5cm 

1 minute ago, Optimistic said:

Thanks. Hope next snow event will include the whole region. I would say up to 5cm 

Thats a fair amount>
I calculated max availability for the event if it snowed from start to finish was 15cm ( thats approx 1 inch per hour for 6 hours ! )

• Like 3

Posted

I still got a feeling next week might throw up something similar but better and more widespread than this morning.LPs tracking further south and the MET outlook for next week saying longer spells of rain and snow (on hills) in central and southern areas. We'll see. 

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

@Steve Murr what’s the chance of snow for this region tomorrow as highlighted in the mod thread do you think?

Edited by Frostbite1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

That's winter 2019/2020 done and dusted, wasn't it rubbish.

Not quite, we're getting an extra winters day as it's a leap year (aren't we lucky) so expect more rain and wind in the final 2 days, and yes as the Fast Show use to say this winter has been 'a load of ole boll@x'...

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Optimistic said:

Dunstable got a good snow cover but melted in the afternoon. Hills around the area did ok. I drove to the highest point in the Chiltrens to have my snow fix. Some photos from Wendover Wood this morning

20200227_075055.jpg

20200227_084024.jpg

Great pics. Love wendover woods. Used to live in Hemel so would go up there quite often.

Edited by snowblind
  • Like 1

Posted

2nd place I’ll take that! 8) A chilly one tonight widespread grass frost and rural air frost, I have not had a single air frost this month it has been 40 days! 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

MetO's Long Range Forecast is very interesting between the 3rd - 12th March. Here's a snippet: Snow is likely in the north, mainly over higher ground, though there is a chance of seeing snow to lower levels at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Why couldn't we have had night time temps like these last night, 1c, 0c, -3c in the SE currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Met O have me down for heavy snow changing to rain. Worst way round but really? really?

More snow?

really?

EDIT: JUST RAIN.

snowyyyyyyyy.jpg

Edited by Dami
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Grey skies and more rain, yippee

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Just wanted to clarify for those S.E. Members that have entered my Weather predicting Competition, I shall be referring to this Weekend's N .Atlantic Storm, as Ellen. Certainly looks like another lively Weekend, in store.

Can't understand why the AEMET (Spanish Met Office), have jumped in and "nicked" our Storm, though.

UKMO (t48)

image.thumb.png.16fbad98ecedc7388958305bcd9022e9.png

Surely the impacts on the U.K. and Ireland will be far greater than on Spain, which will be sheltered by the Azores High.

But we all know this is Irish girl Ellen, cunningly disguised as some Spanish bloke, Jorge.

Rest assured, the next N.Atlantic Storm in my book will be Francis and not some Spanish Senorita, Hermosa or whatever.

Perhaps in these times, we can expect more examples of "gender fluidity" in Synoptic Meteorology?

Here is that Met Office list again.

image.thumb.png.2c902fb5364da32e41a7f07ca3ce9bb9.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Just wanted to clarify for those S.E. Members that have entered my Weather predicting Competition, I shall be referring to this Weekend's N .Atlantic Storm, as Ellen. Certainly looks like another lively Weekend, in store.

Can't understand why the AEMET (Spanish Met Office), have jumped in and "nicked" our Storm, though.

UKMO (t48)

image.thumb.png.16fbad98ecedc7388958305bcd9022e9.png

Surely the impacts on the U.K. and Ireland will be far greater than on Spain, which will be sheltered by the Azores High.

But we all know this is Irish girl Ellen, cunningly disguised as some Spanish bloke, Jorge.

Rest assured, the next N.Atlantic Storm in my book will be Francis and not some Spanish Senorita, Hermosa or whatever.

Perhaps in these times, we can expect more examples of "gender fluidity" in Synoptic Meteorology?

Here is that Met Office list again.

image.thumb.png.2c902fb5364da32e41a7f07ca3ce9bb9.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

They get hit by rapid cyclogenisis to our south that starts of as a wave to this storm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another vile morning. Have lots of garden jobs to work on for my Mum and a mate in Bracknell over the next couple of days, hoping for some drier weather. Today looks like a washout, bleurgh, had enough of this rain.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
55 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Another vile morning. Have lots of garden jobs to work on for my Mum and a mate in Bracknell over the next couple of days, hoping for some drier weather. Today looks like a washout, bleurgh, had enough of this rain.

Can't argue with that, will it ever calm down. 

• Like 1