• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just looked through the missing person's list for Abaco - must be more than 1000 names. If it had happened in the US, it would have had 24/7 coverage. What is wrong with our media? 

Posted Images

Dorian looks as potent as Juan in 2003. Can't think of the last time before then such a strong storm hit Canada.

It's turning extratropical so it's hard to say whether or not it will officially be a hurricane at landfall. A sting jet, so dreaded in European windstorms, has appeared.

19 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Dorian looks as potent as Juan in 2003. Can't think of the last time before then such a strong storm hit Canada.

It's turning extratropical so it's hard to say whether or not it will officially be a hurricane at landfall. A sting jet, so dreaded in European windstorms, has appeared.

Year after year I ask peeps to explain a sting jet to me and they oblige. I think I understand it, then along comes another year and I realise I still don't get it. I've read articles, I've watched videos and animations, I've tried modelling it with string and Rizlas and my brain still doesn't manage to grasp it.

• Like 1

Good grief, it seems as though someone was threatening to sack meteorologists to try and cover Trumps back after he kept stating Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama using a 6 day old forecast map modified with a sharpie...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49642658 

'Agree with me, not with what the forecasts say or else, regardless of the dangers involved, can't make our president look bad'.

Staggering how people as incompetent as this end up in top jobs.

Dorian was nowhere near to hitting Alabama and the models switched to a path along the East coast well in advance, what if meteorologists were forced to say it was heading to Alabama and those in the Carolina's got hit by a Cat 4 hurricane? It weakened to a Cat 2 but its still madness.

Edited by Quicksilver1989
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up on Dorian

https://www.who.int/news-room/detail/01-10-2019-who-director-general-visits-devastated-sites-in-the-bahamas-to-assess-health-impacts-of-hurricane-dorian

Death toll currently stands at 56 but 600 are still classed as missing.  Think it is a reasonable assumption that Dorian will be retired as a name.

• 1 month later...