Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

42,000 without power already ...many hours before Dorian makes landfall.

image.thumb.png.f463afde61965060f3abd568b37d39aa.png

And now re-strengthened to cat 2.

Dorian looks as potent as Juan in 2003. Can't think of the last time before then such a strong storm hit Canada.

It's turning extratropical so it's hard to say whether or not it will officially be a hurricane at landfall. A sting jet, so dreaded in European windstorms, has appeared.

Do we have any webcams in its path? Haven't found much.

Is it me, or is this hurricane being unusually long lived, even for one that hasn't made much landfall?

7 hours ago, Hirudine said:

Is it me, or is this hurricane being unusually long lived, even for one that hasn't made much landfall?

This is a good reason why it lasted so long.

19 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Dorian looks as potent as Juan in 2003. Can't think of the last time before then such a strong storm hit Canada.

It's turning extratropical so it's hard to say whether or not it will officially be a hurricane at landfall. A sting jet, so dreaded in European windstorms, has appeared.

Year after year I ask peeps to explain a sting jet to me and they oblige. I think I understand it, then along comes another year and I realise I still don't get it. I've read articles, I've watched videos and animations, I've tried modelling it with string and Rizlas and my brain still doesn't manage to grasp it.

Good grief, it seems as though someone was threatening to sack meteorologists to try and cover Trumps back after he kept stating Hurricane Dorian would hit Alabama using a 6 day old forecast map modified with a sharpie...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49642658 

'Agree with me, not with what the forecasts say or else, regardless of the dangers involved, can't make our president look bad'.

Staggering how people as incompetent as this end up in top jobs.

Dorian was nowhere near to hitting Alabama and the models switched to a path along the East coast well in advance, what if meteorologists were forced to say it was heading to Alabama and those in the Carolina's got hit by a Cat 4 hurricane? It weakened to a Cat 2 but its still madness.

Edited by Quicksilver1989

17 hours ago, matt111 said:

I'm afraid my vocabulary is not good enough to make a realistic comment on that video.

Horrific, nature at its deadliest is all I can think of.

21 hours ago, matt111 said:

That is an incredible record of Hurricane Dorian.  Unimaginable power and destruction, those poor people in its path have had their worlds turned upside down.

Can't imagine how it felt being in that room they were in before they moved. 😨