Storms and Convective discussion - 28th July 2019 onwards

4 minutes ago, PurpleLED said:

Took some pictures, clouds look pretty interesting (all taken facing roughly north of Witney) if anyone's interested i can upload a time-lapse of some developmen. 

IMG_20190811_164356.jpg

IMG_20190811_164352.jpg

IMG_20190811_164349.jpg

Different view of the same development

IMG_20190811_164821.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a huge storm yesterday afternoon.

Picture of last nights supercell in Edinburgh taken from portobello beach 

Satellite infra red imagery from the early hours of this morning showed quite a dark core for the low pressure system out in the bay of Biscay. I would take this to show that the low pressure system w

Posted Images

Looks like the SE could be in for a autumnal-type lightning show in the channel later tonight!! A relatively hefty batch of showers should move in on the gentle cyclonic flow, and push further inland gradually. Fingers crossed! ? 

10 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Looks like the SE could be in for a autumnal-type lightning show in the channel later tonight!! A relatively hefty batch of showers should move in on the gentle cyclonic flow, and push further inland gradually. Fingers crossed! ? 

How far inland do you think they will get

• Like 1

Can confirm very heavy thundery showers here, banging away as I type, really pepped up in the last hour or so. Despite being a storm lover I could do well without them and the associated rain.

4 minutes ago, slinky1989 said:

Here's what that system looks like from Swindon Town centre looking north.

88466D7B-8E5E-44A8-A31F-47A3024675B8.jpeg

Oh wow, that looks insane!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

Oh wow, that looks insane!

You should be underneath it!!! Just been out and saw some lovely C to G strikes, blue skies and sunshine to my west!

• Like 1

I was just walking the dog and noticed a massive thunderhead to the South. The other day I saw one in a similar direction with a similar size and when I checked on the radar it was off Hunstanton. Tonight's storm is in The Wash, a distance of 75 miles!

Not bad: didn't even think of storms as it just never looked on here today. A nice surprise - would have been better after dark though!....