• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a huge storm yesterday afternoon.

Picture of last nights supercell in Edinburgh taken from portobello beach 

Satellite infra red imagery from the early hours of this morning showed quite a dark core for the low pressure system out in the bay of Biscay. I would take this to show that the low pressure system w

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Beast of a storm north of Gloucester!  super black clouds. Lovely scud. Looks mean. Was driving so no photos ?

Looks very angry doesn't it! 

20190811_145813.jpg

• Like 1

Just had my phone beep for  a thunderstorm warning. Looks like I'm missing out again we shall see.

4 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

This video I have uploaded is the supercell thunderstorm in Florida from the 28th July. This is the first part.

Thanks for uploading the videos, though I do think this would make sense in a dedicated thread - as it would make it a lot easier to find and revisit these at a later stage ?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

Just had my phone beep for  a thunderstorm warning. Looks like I'm missing out again we shall see.

The warning tells of a possible 20mm of rain in an hour..

Looking at the radar, with rainfall rates up to 250mm/hr  that warning may be on the conservative side..

6 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Its a bit late now !!
Its has been torrential with occasional thunder now for almost 2 hours, the band of rain is getting wider all the time.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

The warning tells of a possible 20mm of rain in an hour..

Looking at the radar, with rainfall rates up to 250mm/hr  that warning may be on the conservative side..

yeah and alot of showers have died when they get to me.

46 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

Alright, I'll post them on the North American thread then.

Was thinking you could do a new thread just for footage from your time in Florida, then it’s all in one place and can easily be found & studied ?

im not a mod so continue putting it in here if you like, just thought it might get lost amongst the regular posts about all the storms in Scotland ?

• Like 2

It has been occasional rumbles of thunder and some lightning around near Warminster and heavy thundery rain and now met office put a yellow warning for thunderstorms at 2:43 pm for south and west 

19 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

Heard a very faint rumble ?

Look like popcorn showers further to the SW but as they head eastwards the storms should be able to maintain moderate electrification with a weakly organised structure.

Looks like a feed of mildly unstable air from the continent is now overlapping with the fronts coming in from the West, and I would expect further convergence to initiate hefty showers and storms across central areas of the south then moving NE

• Like 1