Sign in to follow this  
tempesta

Accurate mobile weather app?

Posted (edited)

There are many out there. I've noticed the data presented is quite often considerably different. On the go in using the met Office app but recently I've found the hourly forecasting quite off mark. Perhaps the set ups recently make it difficult? Any alternative suggestions welcome. 

Edited by tempesta

Posted (edited)

See this thread here where I monitored app/website temperature accuracy during the recent heatwave - 

WeatherPro (which is just an app with no website) came out on top. I also find WeatherPro the most accurate in terms of the weather type as well as the actual temperature.

Edited by h2005__uk__

Two apps I use are:

Rain Alarm, which shows a live radar for the last few hours. Great to see which direction rain is approaching from and how quickly.

Thermometer - which I used for running to check the local temperature, the data being pulled from local weather stations.

Would be interested to hear of any radar apps that go back more than 3 hours, eg sometimes I want to see the radar from 24 hours ago and scroll forward to now.