Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

1 minute ago, Singularity said:

First of two ‘arms’ went through. Peak rain rates over 100 mm/hr but only lasted about 5 mins - they’re scooting along as expected.

Lighting is more ‘veiled’ than during the top-tier 2014 events and thunder much quieter.

Some powerful wind gusts though!

In the end, five bouts of torrential rain, most intense one reaching nearly 150 mm/hr, with the final one being the most noisy thunder-wise due to a lower cloud base (it was a back-built one).

8/10 for me.

Same thoughts I had compared to 2014. 

Posted (edited)

Holy moly just sat on the door step an massive cloud to cloud low to right above me. I felt it and heard the buzz! Too dangerous out there! 😕 I have the cell by Wrexham over head! 

Edited by CCJD1983

In Wrexham and there is massive strobe, CC and CG lightning with some huge booming ground shaking thunder. Hail too. Awesome. Tho as I was watching the sky I fell over the doorstep and cut my leg. Not bothered - gimme more storms!!! 

2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’m genuinely scared

I should have stayed down in Grayswood for another couple of days dammit.

Incredible light show... followed it up the m5 briefly but its moving so fast. Still flashing with forks going across the sky. Amazing stuff. Looks like more coming up from the south maybe?

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Wow. Just wow. Need new pants. This is the most dangerous storm I’ve been in 🥺

Is that the storm that passed over Bath?

Ahh the thought this could be the first proper storm in 4 years is exciting! The radar almost looks like it could each us if all goes well in the next 2 hours

@SarahWxmHoly moly just sat on the door step an massive cloud to cloud low to right above me. I felt it and heard the buzz! Too dangerous out there!  I have the cell by Wrexham over head! And one to the left! I felt the heat and heard the buzz! Too close that was 😕

Gorgeous, I can see the new active cells over W London to my west (producing frequent lightning) and I’ve got a cell approaching from the SSW producing much less frequent lightning but much more vivid and occasional distant thunder.

W London cell kicking out some serious voltage!

Night time storms really are worth the bleary eyes next day in work. Was a good view looking north with forks darting across the sky. Wish i could take decent shots!

Perhaps a little more storm activity rolling in on the tail end from Somerset. Haven't had a storm like this for quite some time!

It's a nice but irregular show here, seen some lovely visuals and orange lit up clouds, couple of close strikes but mostly passing over to the east and west of us.

Second thunderstorm on the edge of it over in Warminster 

Slough has a storm shield on tonight then, seemed to skip over it and carry on in London.

London action could reach Cambridge, it's really getting a wiggle on!

Can see flashes to the west and south from here. That's about 60 miles away at least!