Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

You`ve had to many late nights Rainbow.....time to get your storm head on mate

I'm making the most of this as I can before my holiday ends this weekend, I got my NLC even if it was not that good of a show now I just need that one storm..just one ha.

• Like 1

The one time I'm not in the North there's storm potential lol, could be pretty good this time given the amount of Cape, shame the amounts of Cape this weekend wasn't around for last weekend

I see the storm to the NW of Scotland's still going strong veering NE,if it holds it's intensity it might reach faroe islands,i have found a cam up there in Streymoy facing directly west 

it is a bit lighter up there but getting darker now,it should provide a good show.

https://www.insecam.org/en/view/799750/

i will see if i can find some others.

P.S,i might have to chase tomorrow,i am free all day.

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 3

Just looking at the convective forecast posted above.

Saying about "limited depth" as the inability to produce much lightning. 

~ I remember going to Weston Super Mare with my Nan, last decade... there was a very hot summer, infact it may have been a record setter for the driest or hottest summer .. until last year ... may'be it was 2006? 

Anyway, there were several thunderstorms in the ocean, and a few very big drops of rain pouring on to my head. The clouds were very low, and thin, I had never seen anything like it before, the temperatures may have been hitting around 30 -- 

Has anyone experienced low isolated clouds that you can almost see blue sky through.. producing lightning ? .. 

And here is the beautiful town of Leirvik facing N/NNE should the storm pass Streymoy,Leirvik is situated east of Streymoy.

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/faroe-islands/eysturoy/eystur/leirvik.html

but looking at the latest trajectory,the stom may pass to the south of Faroe islands.

Edited by Allseasons-si

There seems to be a band of showers in the west stretching from S Scotland down to mid south Wales,plus there is bright echoes to the SW of Cornwall,might see some sferics soon.

Edit:sferics SW on Cornwall.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Well those cells look tasty heading towards the Irish Sea, might even hit the south east and east coast of Ireland.

Orange weather warning for thunderstorms just issued for eastern Ireland.

Status Orange - Thunder warning for Leinster, Cavan, Monaghan and Waterford

Thunderstorms will affect the eastern half of the country this morning with heavy downpours, the risk of hail and gusty winds. 

Temporary surface flooding is possible for a time, combined with the risk of hail will lead to hazardous driving conditions in some areas.

Valid: Saturday 29 June 2019 05:00 to Saturday 29 June 2019 12:00

https://www.met.ie/warnings

Edited by The Eagle