Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Currently in Gatwick Airport waiting for my flight.

It is very convective over here, radar shows some sharp showers nearby.

Looks like an intensifying band of rain heading NE into west London now. Expecting that to electrify shortly.

Supposedly we should also be seeing some weakly electrified showers along the southern coast heading E. Its a 50/50 for our area I think...

Gah...slept like a log through torrential rain. Woken only by the occasional rumble of thunder!

Hot and very humid here, towers going up and plenty of forcing potential with hot sun on wet ground!

Whatever grows will whizz by as the breeze is quite firm.

Posted (edited)

Cell just detected near me and didn’t hear or see anything. In the garden and can see the culprit to my NW but also getting dark to my W and SW now. Fingers crossed!!

edit - Yay! Nice distant crack/peel!

Edited by Harry

Distant rumbles heard in Bexleyheath 👍

6 minutes ago, snow raven said:

Distant rumbles heard in Bexleyheath 👍

Got 5 strikes on my lightning detector.

2 minutes ago, Another Kent clipper said:

Am I right in thinking that is the one to watch...?

IMG_20190720_131115.png

Yep

Convection over head while Winson Green burns.....Not expecting anything from today...apart from smoke inhalation

1056500433_sat006.thumb.jpg.db002beb7ccc8416f3c035a454e1066e.jpg

Got my eye on Tuesday evening ⚡

spacer.png 

Just now, Stephanie Starr said:

Where are you

Skellingthorpe near Lincoln, most of the thunder and lightning seems to be with the rain towards our south though : P

Posted (edited)

The GB-wide line of cloud is forming a big smile.  It is saying "hahaha, I'm not going to let thunderstorms form along me"

Edit: I'm going to stop posting for at least a day.  I've become bored of my own comments

IMG_20190720_141059.png

Edited by Another Kent clipper

27 minutes ago, Another Kent clipper said:

The GB-wide line of cloud is forming a big smile.  It is saying "hahaha, I'm not going to let thunderstorms form along me"

IMG_20190720_141059.png

That line is hitting my area now between Sleaford and Boston, we have noise, gusty winds but no lightening however my detector is going mad so it’s in the vicinity for sure.

LO

Posted (edited)

Lightening detector is picking up readings in the Grantham & Nottingham area, further NE where I am just rumbles and sporadic rain bursts. Looks like Leicester is going to get the main cell.

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Looks like a new storm front forming on the radar from Skegness, north of Peterborough to the Cotswolds.

here increased rain and louder thunder claps

LO

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

It’s all a bit pathetic even trying, isnt it 😂

Bit frustrating yes the front going through my area seems to build then fragment. Not enough umph in the atmosphere today really I think next week may be better.

the area east of Boston (Fosdyke/The Wash) & to the SE of Grantham seems to be registering lightening, I’m right between the two and not a sausage 

LO

Edited by Lincs Observation

Well back to my decorating I guess, still rumbling around with moderate rain and a light breeze, the front has moved through pretty much so it’s over to those of you to my south.

LO

Finally had our first summer thunderstorm of the year this morning. Proper anvil and some nice structure with mammatus and towering boiling cumulus. No lightning visible just some rumbles of thunder. Still beggers can't be choosers - a terrible convective weather year around here so far.

IMG_20190720_130954-upload.thumb.jpg.c389bf8657f08076fa7304b01698c9c5.jpg  [main anvil off to left]         401182747_image1-upload.thumb.JPG.c8d00949e4cd298ef6b9ea6329511603.JPG

Posted (edited)

Looks like there will be some elevated lightning drifting N somewhere across England on Tuesday night- even if you're not directly in the path it could be a good light show for many.

Edited by CreweCold