Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

A pleasant 18.6°C here - pretty comfortable.

UKV showing the line of shower activity (currently South of the IoW) pepping up as it slowly moves NE.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

I've just noticed something, and how I missed it is beyond me but I could be wrong, could the sea temperature in the Channel have an effect on the incoming showers/cells? Seems a bit far fetched really but just a thought.

Edited by Raindrops

18 c here. But boiling inside! Had that nice brush with that cell from Wrexham, which then turned into a beast as it moved up the Pennines. So not too bad I guess... ? 

• Like 1

My room just hit 30C. I will never again complain I am hot when its 26C. I think the veg got a brief watering just a few minutes ago. Not feeling this 'event', even estofex seems a bust for this.

Just now, Ryukai said:

OHHHH but apparently it's solid enough for a flash of lightning and a small rumble of thunder ? 

Im keeping an eye on that one. It looks like its organising itself pretty well, and Im really hoping it doesn't fizzle the second it hits the Pennines like most cells do! 

3 minutes ago, Stormchick said:

Im keeping an eye on that one. It looks like its organising itself pretty well, and Im really hoping it doesn't fizzle the second it hits the Pennines like most cells do! 

Whelp, heard another 2 rumbles of thunder (no flashes) but it's north of me now and essentially behind the big ass hill I'm halfway down.  Why couldn't it have started earlier T_T

*crosses fingers in the hope of something from the one just west of Wolverhampton

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

At first glance both of us thought we saw some movement. Unfortunately I was recording via WhatsApp at the time and not in 4k! So it is really hard to tell. But it was noticeable to the eye whatever it was. (Just left of rainshaft)

Whatever it is, is just about visible just at the beginning of the gif close to the ground.

VID-20190725-WA0055_1_1.gif

Edited by evans1892

Well I didn't expect that, a cell just moved through but it produced a CG just to our South before it arrived, and a pretty nice deep basey boom shortly after. Apart from that nothing else. It Was cool though!

6 minutes ago, CCJD1983 said:

Just seen some lightening over the West from Hawarden. Weird stuff O_0 Must the cell over in Stoke! 

It was north of us, over Biddulph way.

7 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Well I didn't expect that, a cell just moved through but it produced a CG just to our South before it arrived, and a pretty nice deep basey boom shortly after. Apart from that nothing else. It Was cool though!

Offshore, to the SE of IOW there is an interesting cell cluster coming ashore to mainland south coast and intensifying (according to forecast radar) on its way to Farnborough. Its appears to be a rotating cluster. No sferics detected just yet, but I'm just looking at how its being forecasted. Hail cores too.

Edited by EllyTech
corrected location