Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

A pleasant 18.6°C here - pretty comfortable.

UKV showing the line of shower activity (currently South of the IoW) pepping up as it slowly moves NE.

Storm yesterday in Northumberland, had to go east at this point to avoid the large hail!

12 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Yup, especially when hunting for Lake-effect snow or should I say Thundersnow.

Indeed!

Posted (edited)

I've just noticed something, and how I missed it is beyond me but I could be wrong, could the sea temperature in the Channel have an effect on the incoming showers/cells? Seems a bit far fetched really but just a thought.

Edited by Raindrops

18 c here. But boiling inside! Had that nice brush with that cell from Wrexham, which then turned into a beast as it moved up the Pennines. So not too bad I guess... 😄 

My room just hit 30C. I will never again complain I am hot when its 26C. I think the veg got a brief watering just a few minutes ago. Not feeling this 'event', even estofex seems a bust for this.

Something caught our eye here, not sure what but appeared to be some scud rising towards the base.

Urgh... more Ethereal rainstorms over me 😞  even at 1am it's still to warm for it to reach the ground ><

Looks like scuddy stuff und a nice wall cloud... I must say! 😄 

OHHHH but apparently it's solid enough for a flash of lightning and a small rumble of thunder 😄 

Just now, Ryukai said:

OHHHH but apparently it's solid enough for a flash of lightning and a small rumble of thunder 😄 

Im keeping an eye on that one. It looks like its organising itself pretty well, and Im really hoping it doesn't fizzle the second it hits the Pennines like most cells do! 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Stormchick said:

Im keeping an eye on that one. It looks like its organising itself pretty well, and Im really hoping it doesn't fizzle the second it hits the Pennines like most cells do! 

Whelp, heard another 2 rumbles of thunder (no flashes) but it's north of me now and essentially behind the big ass hill I'm halfway down.  Why couldn't it have started earlier T_T

*crosses fingers in the hope of something from the one just west of Wolverhampton

Edited by Ryukai

Posted (edited)

At first glance both of us thought we saw some movement. Unfortunately I was recording via WhatsApp at the time and not in 4k! So it is really hard to tell. But it was noticeable to the eye whatever it was. (Just left of rainshaft)

Whatever it is, is just about visible just at the beginning of the gif close to the ground.

VID-20190725-WA0055_1_1.gif

Edited by evans1892

Just seen some lightening over the West from Hawarden. Weird stuff O_0 Must the cell over in Stoke! 

Lightning and thunder confirmed north of Birmingham.

Well I didn't expect that, a cell just moved through but it produced a CG just to our South before it arrived, and a pretty nice deep basey boom shortly after. Apart from that nothing else. It Was cool though!

6 minutes ago, CCJD1983 said:

Just seen some lightening over the West from Hawarden. Weird stuff O_0 Must the cell over in Stoke! 

It was north of us, over Biddulph way.

Sky is clear here! But can see the boundary of clouds to my West. Shame I have an obstruct view and at a lower level! 😞

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Well I didn't expect that, a cell just moved through but it produced a CG just to our South before it arrived, and a pretty nice deep basey boom shortly after. Apart from that nothing else. It Was cool though!

Offshore, to the SE of IOW there is an interesting cell cluster coming ashore to mainland south coast and intensifying (according to forecast radar) on its way to Farnborough. Its appears to be a rotating cluster. No sferics detected just yet, but I'm just looking at how its being forecasted. Hail cores too.

Edited by EllyTech
corrected location

I can confirm that i have seen flashes of lightning to my SW/SSW

the whole of the midlands is starting to look interesting.

Getting the odd flash of lightening and rumble of thunder here now

Woken up by a few flashes here in Saddleworth (Peak District)

There's stuff beginning to pop up everywhere, think the cap finally broke?  Also nice Squall line developing in the channel :D

3 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

I can confirm that i have seen flashes of lightning to my SW/SSW

the whole of the midlands is starting to look interesting.

Time for another cup of coffee then lol