Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

The wind suddenly started gusting, now lashing down with rain, frequent lightning. Mad out there!

I’m going to TRY to sleep in this soupy, ludicrously sultry heat; There seems to be no point in staying up, as I’ve only seen a few very distant flashes. I don’t generally tend to be negative, as I enjoy seeing other people around me be happy. The same goes for this forum. But tonight... has been incredibly frustrating for the East Sussex coastline. I am feeling quite irritated, and sullen.

I am still very happy for all the storm starved peeps this morning! I’m glad you are getting a good show. Now, let’s see if I can even begin to fall asleep...

That was awesome

Shame it moved so quick!

Couple more screenshots from Ryde, Isle Of Wight

CropperCapture[18].jpg

CropperCapture[10].jpg

Wow thunder and lightning every few seconds here this is awesome. Not seen a storm like this for years. 

Great display from my back garden now, not so far away, it's lighting up some fantastic cloudscapes 

1 minute ago, LightningLover said:

I’m going to TRY to sleep in this soupy, ludicrously sultry heat; There seems to be no point in staying up, as I’ve only seen a few very distant flashes. I don’t generally tend to be negative, as I enjoy seeing other people around me be happy. The same goes for this forum. But tonight... has been incredibly frustrating for the East Sussex coastline. I am feeling quite irritated, and sullen.

I am still very happy for all the storm starved peeps this morning! I’m glad you are getting a good show. Now, let’s see if I can even begin to fall asleep...

i hope you a big one this year man 

image.thumb.png.642e7e12c7d80b232005f9392263c39f.pngNow thats interesting..

Building westward. Frequent sferics from it too...

2 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Can see flashes to the west and south from here. That's about 60 miles away at least!

I visited the Shropshire Hills not too long ago and it's surprising just how near the Pennines are, no surprise looking out the window here towards that direction and the sky is lit up every couple of seconds with what looks like IC Lightning.

The intensity seems to have dropped a lot, was a lot of red and orange on radar replaced with greens and it fizzling out.

'scuse the language but all I can say is 'holy shitpants!!!!'.........what a round 3!.....power went down, roiling clouds spewing out copious bolts of lightning, CG's, anvil crawlers, biiiiiig hail, enough water to make me think we'd been hit by a tsunami.........oh, and hello, here's come round 4 to my south! 

Flashes to the NW of me I'm guessing that's the Shropshire cell. Keeping an eye south and fingers are crossed 😃

woken up by thunder, was having a decent dream too, no rain yet.🙄

3 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Yep just got an intense downpour with frequent lightning 

Posted (edited)

Well, the cell over Reigate limped its way north. I've seen more lightning activity on a Victoria Sponge cake. Looks like the intensity remains (and will remain) westward.

I have the patio door wide open, trying to get the temperature down from 26c!

Edited by StormLoser

4 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Significant development in the eastern side as well. Maybe there is a very VERY slim chance.....

First clap of thunder , distant lightning getting more defined now .

Night storms are ace !

Good to see everyone enjoying the storms 🙂 My home town Bedford is going to be in the firing line within an hour.

Almost constant lightning here for the past hour in Kidderminster, but not much showing on Lightning maps, and only just heard (first clap of) thunder.

Wind has suddenly picked up, and still very warm.

One last beer.