Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

I've prepared the garden for the early arrival of winter.

39 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I've prepared the garden for the early arrival of winter.

Bit early to be putting salt down. 

16 minutes ago, shotski said:

In Lassie talk that properly means ripped out any living plant and dug it all over so its just bare soil.
Could be on the off chance it then means sowing all the over winter plants like onions broad beans etc.😀 

It’s actually turned out a nice day 22c and lots of sunshine, although a tad breezy, missed out on all the rain so far..

Hubs tells me it poured last night. I don't know. Double archers and lemonade knocked me out.

FOR SHAME

1 hour ago, shotski said:

1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

In Lassie talk that properly means ripped out any living plant and dug it all over so its just bare soil.
Could be on the off chance it then means sowing all the over winter plants like onions broad beans etc.😀 

i owed the lawn lol

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i mowed the lawn lol

i already own it

Edited by lassie23

monsoonian rains her, if such a word exists

1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Holy camoly!!...25.4c in a cyclonic south westerly, God help us!

Is that IYBY or an official reading? Seems a touch high, but nonetheless, quite nice to have some warmth with the wind and heavy showers

Things already beginning to sway here lol.. 

Batten down the hatches 

Want to add something to above, watch the length of "gusts" in this storm compared to previous ones.. Thing I have noticed in the past year or so is when we get these summer lows now the length of gusts is much much longer or am I making it up.. Just see if anyone else notices 

Come on the beefy shower/storm approaching Luton, please be a direct hit! 

Very heavy rain under that white on the radar, everyone in the office just stood watching the rain, easing now but roads have turned into mini rivers.

Under the anvil of that storm already, amazing to see.  Looks like the best will go just East as per.  Oh for the white blob radar experience 😀

Um, a tad windy.

Blown the paper of my desk.

So another one goes just down the side of St Neots then, shields back up here after a blip last month. Even had to water the garden this morning after last nights' poor rainfall once again. Madness!  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Is that IYBY or an official reading? Seems a touch high, but nonetheless, quite nice to have some warmth with the wind and heavy showers

So unusual though associated with low pressure and what 'warm' sector there was I think went to the east of us, well it is an IMBY quite literally as the reading is from my back garden (Stevenson Screen) 😀 but BBC forecast at lunch had Norwich at 26c so could be widespread across East Anglia/South east. Max of 25.7c today.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Just now, Froze were the Days said:

So unusual though associated with low pressure and what 'warm' sector there was I think was to the east of us, well it is an IMBY reading (from my stevenson screen) in the garden (quite literally) 😀 but BBC forecast at lunch had Norwich at 26c so could be widespread across East Anglia/South east.

We've had a max of 24.2 on the coast today, at 13.15.

3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

So unusual though associated with low pressure and what 'warm' sector there was I think went to the east of us, well it is an IMBY reading (from my stevenson screen) in the garden (quite literally) 😀 but BBC forecast at lunch had Norwich at 26c so could be widespread across East Anglia/South east.

It is a bit unusual, for sure. It’s good to hang onto some warmth. Where are you located? Definitely warmer this afternoon to the E and N of London. Somewhat cooler to the S and W (23 the max here). The winds are starting to increase dramatically here, had some brief heavy showers, too. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Freeze said:

It’s actually turned out a nice day 22c and lots of sunshine, although a tad breezy, missed out on all the rain so far..

Same here in Bognor, it gets really cloudy to the west or the north of us and we see not a drop of badly needed rainfall. 😞

Breeze picking up here. Don't have our wind speeds but this is the nearest winds station on South Coast.

http://www.chimet.co.uk/(S(mkaecjqlmqcmrhmdkmu3ouqf))/wind.aspx If you are interested the Bognor Webcam is:- https://www.bognorregisbeach.co.uk/live

High tide at 19:04 but not a very high tide at the moment.

Edited by coldfingers1
extra info

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

It is a bit unusual, for sure. It’s good to hang onto some warmth. Where are you located? Definitely warmer this afternoon to the E and N of London. Somewhat cooler to the S and W (23 the max here). The winds are starting to increase dramatically here, had some brief heavy showers, too. 

Burnham on the Essex Riviera😀 (just north of Southend)...looks like we'll miss out on any showers which look like you're experiencing or shortly going to, breezy here but nothing untoward currently.