Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed u

Out on this morning's walk and as promised this time with camera at the ready. And I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot with this great display of virga from cloud in the distance. And you can see wh

This is not meant to cause offence but I’d appreciate it if you (and others) cease putting a dampener on genuine excitement at the current (and brief!) extreme weather. It’s a weather forum for weathe

Posted Images

35c still here and probably I suspect close to max, probably going to dance about within a range of 33-35c dependent on cloud cover.

Cracking heat though for sure out there!

Also I suspect Heathrow will probably only slowly increase from now due to the increasing cloud cover from the next round of showers.

1 minute ago, tomwatson1987 said:

The cloud is very slow moving but still registering 38 in my garden

I'm keeping an eye on Cambridge airport METAR as it could be the one to break the record (I guess its an official site?)

I think east of St Neots towards Santon Downham/Thetford has got a better chance than St Neots now.....St Neots was doing so well too!

London city airport one to watch .... but cheating in a huge concreted city ? (joke)

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I haven't a clue what it is in Epsom.all I know is that I'm still in the air conditioned restaurant watching those walking past, sweating buckets! 

Its saying 37.3oC. A few places now recording 38oC. Shame they are official

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 1

Argh ..... Im recording 38.0C (it went up somewhat strangely with cloud cover lol!) in St Neots....but skies have really darkened ? 

Sweating buckets. ?

Cambridge to Ely and East wards.....any reports? ..... cloud rolling in ... so even Cambourne /Papworth way may be scuppered

Still very Clear looking to my NE ... Im on the rise above Eaton Ford so good vantage point ?

Edited by Bryn Webster

38.2c!!  This is mad, so much cloud it looks stormy.... and as i type it drops to 38.0c!!  So I'm quite confident that this is probably the maximum for St Neots today, somewhere nearby must have broke the record surely, cannot believe how close i was

Edited by James1979
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

Argh ..... Im recording 38.0 (it went up with cloud cover lol!) in St Neots....but skies have really darkened ? 

Cambridge to Ely and East wards.....any reports? ..... cloud rolling in ... so even Cambourne /Papworth way may be scuppered

Still very Clear looking to my NE ... Im on the rise above Eaton Ford so good vantage point ?

I thought you were in Wales, you in St Neots too??  Given how close we both are and similar temperatures that justifies my readings then.

38.2c to be beaten!!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, James1979 said:

I thought you were in Wales, you in St Neots too??  Given how close we both are and similar temperatures that justifies my readings then.

38.2c to be beaten!!

Just forgot to update my place!...yes in St Neots for a wee while

Tom...where are you getting 37C...I have to be honest and say I think my readings are being affected by being in more urban part due to apartments and car parks.......wouldnt shock me lower temps with a bit of greenery

Edited by Bryn Webster
  • Like 2
Just now, Bryn Webster said:

Just forgot to update my place!...yes in St Neots for a wee while

Tom...where are you getting 37C...I have to be honest and say I think my readings are being affected by being in more urban part due to apartments and car parks.......wouldnt shock me lower temps with a bit of greenery

I am in Eaton Socon near the water tower. Mind you I'm back down to 36 now (plus my weather station has issues with the humidity sensor)

• Like 1