Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

We were in a sunny patch for a while but it's clouded over a bit more again, still the odd sunny spell, and some blue.

Feeling humid. 23.1°C RH 74%

18 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Heatwave day one going well...

Lol, love taking a time of to go to the beach to end up sitting on the sofa watching a crappy film, maybe expected a little cloud this morning but now looks unlikely it’ll clear at all today. ECM also has a lot of fog in the south west tomorrow could be another painful day tomorrow....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Still in the 18's here. Looking at the map of the UK, it's only parts of Scotland that are cooler than here.

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Still in the 18's here. Looking at the map of the UK, it's only parts of Scotland that are cooler than here.

Indeedy, I think full on moan mode is justifiable now, yes the clearance was going to be slow but it’s just not going to happen it all.

Posted
Just now, Alderc said:

Indeedy, I think full on moan mode is justifiable now, yes the clearance was going to be slow but it’s just not going to happen it all.

It doesn't really bother me. The charts were showing it on Friday, so it was to be expected.

Just now, Mapantz said:

It doesn't really bother me. The charts were showing it on Friday, so it was to be expected.

They weren’t showing the whole day completely overcast, the fact the models are out by several degrees even now indicates more of a clearance was expected 

Posted
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

They weren’t showing the whole day completely overcast

But, it's only just gone 1pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy and feeling cool in the breeze. 18.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

So far managed 24.1 here in Fleet, 70% humidity. Been cloudy all day and no signs of clearing yet: feels very oppressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Indeed, it wasn’t showing cloudiness this afternoon at all. This morning, yes.

A bit like the unexpected rain patches yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Blue skies here for the past half hour, can see the extent of the cloud to the south, however.

25.5°C

Posted
18 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Blue skies here for the past half hour, can see the extent of the cloud to the south, however.

25.5°C

Meanwhile, here in the cloiud to the south, , it's a mere 22.9°C currently with a southerly breeze and, yuk, over 80% RH. I'd rather have this though than the 27-29 forecast here by tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I should have kept quiet.  It's been completely overcast here for a couple of hours now.  Managed to get to 24.3°C, but down now to 23.1°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Sun beginning to break through now

Edit: Well, it was... 

Edited by Karl83

Posted
1 hour ago, DaveL said:

Meanwhile, here in the cloiud to the south, , it's a mere 22.9°C currently with a southerly breeze and, yuk, over 80% RH. I'd rather have this though than the 27-29 forecast here by tomorrow.

Wouldn't worry, it's fooling me as it eventually keeps clouding back over. Got to 25.8°C but now down to 24.7°C

Posted

Beeb forecast has me in the firing line for tomorrow evening's entertainment, but the MetO is only showing the chance of some rain in the night.  We shall see.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Beeb forecast has me in the firing line for tomorrow evening's entertainment, but the MetO is only showing the chance of some rain in the night.  We shall see.

Yep...

image.thumb.png.1da21ab011fe1c53afba688f8cf10f9d.pngimage.thumb.png.32afda877bf7b7d1fd40b1e0178e76b4.png

Posted

The BBC always show lightning symbols. They did last week as well, in fact, 24 hours worth. 

Posted

I am planning a venture to the coast tomorrow, hopefully that forecasted mist and low cloud doesn't hang around too long. Also plan on avoiding the A338 as I bet it'll be heathing.

Posted

Sun breaking through here but the air is so muggy. Loved the warmth of last few weeks - this heat is going to be the unbearable type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

In Southampton at the moment and it feels very different to how it felt back home. Very warm and humid with the sun breaking through.