Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not too sure what to think about elevated storm potential here tonight, model outputs show quite a variance and radar is quite different to what is also modelled......a couple of days ago, I thought it looked very good along the M4 corridior....now if someone says to me 'will we see storms tonight?' my answer would be 'how long is a piece of string?'.....I simply don't know, I'll be radar watching from about 9pm to see what happens

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, A.J said:

not too sure what to think about elevated storm potential here tonight, model outputs show quite a variance and radar is quite different to what is also modelled......a couple of days ago, I thought it looked very good along the M4 corridior....now if someone says to me 'will we see storms tonight?' my answer would be 'how long is a piece of string?'.....I simply don't know, I'll be radar watching from about 9pm to see what happens

Tomorrow night looks like a much better chance but still looks mainly confined to the South East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
11 minutes ago, TomW said:

Tomorrow night looks like a much better chance but still looks mainly confined to the South East

in house NMM is still quite bullish on elevated convection/storms for parts of the west country overnight, especially north of the area, Bristol/Gloucestershire/Wilts as well as Devon, whereas other model suites aren't, hence my fence sitting and radar watching

Edited by A.J
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Storms

Just delurking to say hi & evening allStill read along most days. Spent the morning cleaning the conservatory roof inside & out, hoping for a clearer view of the possible up & coming lightning displays so disappointed to see they’re not looking so promising now & I’m only just making it into the yellow zone. 

Enjoyed a little bbq in the back garden this afternoon sat out in a vest top under grey clouds & short spells of warm spots of rain. The humidity seemed to dip in & out but the sky does looked charged so fingers crossed we get treated to a little something to make the lack of sunshine worthwhile

• Like 1

Posted

Nice and humid summer evening here. The sky looks ominous but I’m not expecting anything to spark. Would be a bonus if it does though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still warm and humid with a bit of blue sky appearing after a cloudy day. Been sat at 20.6°C for at least the last couple of hours.

• Like 1

Posted

Came to post the same thing @matt111 For the first time today blue sky is beginning to appear but the breeze has picked up. (2 nesting pigeons have pooped on my nice clean conservatory roof!)

• Like 2

Posted

A muggy feeling day, with total cloud cover all day. Just a few spots of rain in the afternoon. Temperature maxing at 20.9 C which was surprisingly achieved in the last hour. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just noticed it was several degrees warmer here today than it was yesterday despite the lack of sun. Yesterday reached 19.6°C while today reached 22.5°C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Still quite muggy out there with not very much of a breeze.. currently 19.2°C

There is some spotty rain over us on the radar once again but nothing is reaching the ground

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Maxed out at 23.4c today. Pretty decent given the lack of sun. Lovely mild evening, still 20c with a DP of 16.8c and no wind.

Posted

The apps are all over the place. Apple one has picked up on something for tonight. It can be very good at close range (up to 12 hours) precipitation that others don’t show.

0F87A1A5-8FB4-4520-A7E1-0AFE928B2E82.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

The apps are all over the place. Apple one has picked up on something for tonight. It can be very good at close range (up to 12 hours) precipitation that others don’t show.

0F87A1A5-8FB4-4520-A7E1-0AFE928B2E82.png

Similar for here.

D4B8D44C-C726-477D-BC5F-9B7A64B1B89E.thumb.png.0bb8ec4a70f0d7296e514cdffedfc610.png

Posted

To top it off, Beeb app has some ? symbols in the early hours

Posted

Very muggy evening at the moment. Really is a shock to the system given June has been pretty cool so far.

Interesting model runs for my location tomorrow, could get lucky with some Thunderstorms/MCS action, but I do hope its further west so we all get something!

Currently 19.4°C.

Posted

Still 18.9°C and doesn't really feel much cooler than it was earlier with it being so humid. 

Posted

A bit 'cooler' here at 17.5°C, nonetheless feeling humid. RH 86%

Posted

Good morning, a warm night indeed with a low of 16.0°C at 05:30.. it’s currently 17.2°C

Morning all low of 15.7c makes it the warmest night of the year. Looking at radar and satellite I’m overly enthusiastic about the prospects for today. Seems to be a lot more rain heading for the south coast than expected last night. 

Posted

A high of 23.5c yesterday at 2pm.
Was still 20.2c at midnight, then dropped to 18.8c at 6am
Now 19.1c, very light 4-6mph SE wind.
A little cloudy with sun trying to burst through.

Posted

Looking like today we are too far west today after being too far east yesterday, oh well stick with the overcast conditions and will need to water this week after so much promises from the earlier forecast of a lot of rain, even tomorrow we look to be too far west again. Currently 18.2°C after an overnight low of 15.5°C at: 05:03 and under grey skies. Maybe later a better chance for some rain, as much as we have seen rainfall, the garden dries out very quickly at this time of year.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Currently 22C & a blanket of grey skies. Hasn’t felt as oppressive as I thought it might. Slept fine apart from waking regularly to check lightning mapsNot sure I’ve picked the best year to try & have a go at growing chillies. With all this lack of sunshine can’t help thinking I’d have had a bumper crop last year. Happy Monday all