Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2019 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Yuck, damp and cool this morning. Rain stopped around lunchtime and has been dry since with sunny spells,; and there’s darker cloud building to my south. Temp reached 17.9°C earlier but now down to 17.4°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

16.20 radar...

070719.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Just started raining again. 15.5°C

Posted

Intermittent heavy rumbles here from our west it seems, towards Cotford St Luke, Halse, Milverton way...

Rain just got heavier again.

Posted

Just spoken to my mother in Radstock who reports heavy rain storms around there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

@Dean E Tip for you; I noticed the Ecowitt rain collector would get a little air bubble in the hole before it drips in to the spoon tipping mechanism, this slowed down rainfall somewhat. I sprayed the collecting bit with silicone lubricant spray and it has worked a treat! After clearing the spiders out of my Davis gauge, and the period of rain we just had, the Ecowitt is within 0.5mm of the Davis.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What a thunder storm that was, flooding everywhere, had one lightning strike right above the house with less than a second between that and the thunder which shook everything in the house!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Just now, Smartie said:

What a thunder storm that was, flooding everywhere, had one lightning strike right above the house with less than a second between that and the thunder which shook everything in the house!! 

Best one for many many years, pity it's not dark though  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Almost continuous thunder now, rain slowing down a bit which isn't a bad thing

Posted

Still piggy in the middle!

0707192.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

rain and showers that was going west. now appear to be moving east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I'll have cold and cold with a side serving of cold.

Blimey, what happened in Weston? Someone posted a video on Facebook of a house with a badly damaged roof  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
7 minutes ago, steffi747 said:

Blimey, what happened in Weston? Someone posted a video on Facebook of a house with a badly damaged roof  

Not seen a thunderstorm like that here in Weston for years, there was a quick mention on points west about a primary school that was struck by lightning, didn't mention which one though. 

8 minutes ago, steffi747 said:

Yes it was pretty insane here in Weston, power was knocked out, Big Bang, then 20 mins of hail big cloudy updrafts (literally clouds forming out of nowhere) and lightning... where did you see that video, be good to have a look, link?

i hear Banwell is without power 

Posted
52 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

@Dean E Tip for you; I noticed the Ecowitt rain collector would get a little air bubble in the hole before it drips in to the spoon tipping mechanism, this slowed down rainfall somewhat. I sprayed the collecting bit with silicone lubricant spray and it has worked a treat! After clearing the spiders out of my Davis gauge, and the period of rain we just had, the Ecowitt is within 0.5mm of the Davis.

@Mapantz Ooo will check this out. luckily bought some silicone spray recently for a car project! Will come in extra handy. Thanks for that! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Finally got a small storm here - some thunder and lightening. Was building overhead as it happened. Clouds amazing with the sunlight. 

I know some are disappointed by temperatures and lack of wall to wall blue sky, but this spring and early summer has produced the best cloudscapes most days of the week that I’ve seen for years at this time of year. I hope it continues! In my back yard at least today has been the wettest day this year by far, so I’m not disappointed by the weather for the last couple of months at all - it’s been fascinating to watch...    

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 hour ago, Lyn-M said:

Still piggy in the middle!

0707192.JPG

Don't worry they've all dodged me too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Although I wasn’t home, my location took a near direct hit from the thunderstorms moving up through N Somerset.

Instead, I was driving back from Wells across the Mendips and got an awesome visual on the cells with multiple lightning strikes visible. Had I not got stuck behind so many effing farmers and dippy drivers, I might have caught the back end of the storm that marched on up to west Bristol.

EC48FCBB-89A6-40F9-AA2D-2FD6DC5BEDC0.jpeg

24F64052-A7A4-4266-B475-71252BCF57C1.jpeg

E89C5C5D-5A4D-417A-8D54-5C41E38A2283.jpeg

Posted
42 minutes ago, Mr Clark said:

Yes it was pretty insane here in Weston, power was knocked out, Big Bang, then 20 mins of hail big cloudy updrafts (literally clouds forming out of nowhere) and lightning... where did you see that video, be good to have a look, link?

Oh wow. It was posted on the Spotted Weston Facebook page. There was a post regarding flooding in Worle High St and one of the comments was a video showing the damaged roof. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, Mr Clark said:

Oh wow. It was posted on the Spotted Weston Facebook page. There was a post regarding flooding in Worle High St and one of the comments was a video showing the damaged roof.