Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Hannah - Atlantic Storm 8

Jo Farrow

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A wild day out there here, Winds currently gusting 60mph at my location with heavy persistent rain now at 32mm and temp 4.5c, Plenty more to come to looking at radar. Even a sleet mix in the really heavy bursts.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Complete non-event here with a gust of 32mph and 2.2mm from a half-hearted spotty period or two,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Some places around here getting on for 50mm of rain I believe. Almost 24 hours of non stop rain now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Some places around here getting on for 50mm of rain I believe. Almost 24 hours of non stop rain now. 

I am surprised to put it mildly that the Met Office failed to issue a rain warning for North Wales and North West England, given the fact that one was issued for Northern Ireland which was for an expected 20-30mm of rainfall.

This part of the world has seen between 30mm and in excess of 50mm in the wettest areas such as parts of Cheshire. The rain has been simply relentless, hour upon hour, making a bit of a mockery of the forecast of ‘showery rain’ 

The roads in my town are awash, bad surface water flooding making driving a real hazard when I was out earlier.

Where is the consistency with these warnings? 

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I am surprised to put it mildly that the Met Office failed to issue a rain warning for North Wales and North West England, given the fact that one was issued for Northern Ireland which was for an expected 20-30mm of rainfall.

This part of the world has seen between 30mm and in excess of 50mm in the wettest areas such as parts of Cheshire. The rain has been simply relentless, hour upon hour, making a bit of the forecast of ‘showery rain’ 

The roads in my town are awash, bad surface water flooding making driving a real hazard when I was out earlier.

Where is the consistency with these warnings? 

Tbh I was wondering why there was a yellow rain warning for NI and not for these parts as the modelling was suggesting the same, if not more, rain to fall around here. 

• Like 1

Posted

Peak gust was 57mph today in Buxton and one of the impacts of Hannah has been the relentless rain to go with it, almost up to 48mm in the past 24hr which is over half the rainfall seen in the Peak District for one day than the entire month's total of 76mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A marked orographic effect on western slopes of the Peak District yesterday. The Cat and Fiddle recorded just over 76 mm of rain in the 24 hrs to 0400 today whereas here, about 30 km to the  south east, there was about 17 mm over the same period.

The gust of 66 mph yesterday was the second highest on record here in April, the highest being 68 mph on the 29th in 2012.

• Like 1

Posted

Just under 50mm fell here yesterday, A very wet day indeed and the ground certainly looks better for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Trees down over the canals all over the place.

Hemel Hempstead 

FB_IMG_1556469974446.jpg.65f80888b1c09cccd34abc9e1f15aa54.jpg

Near Kinver, Staffs and Worcs

20190428_122608.jpg.8e3aca7e56021a4b65d71e6fd671f965.jpg

Edited by matty40s