Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 20th April 2019 onwards

2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

It's a finer scale that's why.

hiradarzoomv42b.pl.png

hiradarzoomv42.pl.png

Ah! ok,is that NW extra?

52 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

The Worcester cell looks a direct hit for you though.

Very muggy here at the moment... And very gentle rain... Although looking at the latest storm radar, things might get interesting soon! :oldgrin:

Plus the U.K. Meto have just enlarged their yellow thunderstorm warning to include my area! :yahoo:⛈️

F35B0DF8-14A0-41DA-8078-ADAF3CF1BDDD.png

7084F6CD-7D5C-4B6C-91A7-8F4AFD57266F.png

Very very dark over towards Telford, we might just get in a gap of two more potent cells either side of Shrewsbury. Shame. Suspect will hear the odd rumble though. 

Clearing here now  Only got one strike  but better than nothing   Rain however was very intense 

Sun still out here in Matlock, a fairly potent looking cell developing near Nottingham but not lightning as of yet 

Serious lack of lightning in those cells currently... Come on... Go bang.. Properly 

Looks like we are brewing something for the north west of us. Some showers to the south east but no lightning activity. Rain again right now. Hail mixed as well.

Edited by The PIT

well if the storm just leaving Derby holds together were are gonner get pasted here in Matlock.

as i type its getting darker, although we all know how fickle storms can be sometimes missing you by 0.5 mile.

Short and sweet one of the heaviest bits rain this month bringing 0.6mm

A bit of clear-sky with sunshine feeding the CAPE ahead of the showers moving into the Peak District.

Through the murk and haze I can now make-out the top of the anvil of the shower that's over Matlock currently, heading this way in the next half-hour or so.

IMG_8299.thumb.JPG.06ae2eae3a8dacd127a2e41cc3015a69.JPG

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

5 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Through the murk and haze I can now make-out the top of the anvil of the shower that's over Matlock currently, heading this way in the next half-hour or so.

IMG_8299.thumb.JPG.06ae2eae3a8dacd127a2e41cc3015a69.JPG

Beauty

How anyone of a meteorological persuasion could favour weeks on end of Azores HP domination over this, is beyond me. 

Edited by CreweCold

Still ticking away nicely to the south, a good line of cells building up

5 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

That's just passed over here but it gave only  a very brief spell of heavy rain ( about a minute) and was gone. I'm hoping for something more substantial from the one over Derby at the moment.

Distant rumble as the Telford Cell moves away north west over north Shropshire. We ended up in a gap between the two cells. The one heading north towards Witchurch is a bit of a beast by the looks of the radar - Got Crewe in its sights. 

Actually looks like the gap we were in is filling out with a couple of smaller new cells which are producing lightening already... game on for everywhere north of here. 

Oo looking good here in about an hour!

Heard one distant rumble of Thunder going dark now but once this lot has gone through that will be it.