Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Model Output Discussion - What does April have in store?

Recommended Posts

The key pattern change with the ecm starts around t102 with the intense trough (for this time of year) which tracks into the Plains, which  triggers the amplification in the atlantic resulting in the subtropical high ridging north east and building high pressure over Scandinavia. And at t144 > 168 the energy flows have advected colder air south west around the southern flank of the high into France and touching the southern half of the UK  Thus a dry but cold weekend particularly in the south where the temps of around 7-8C will feel a lot colder in the stiff easterly

t102.thumb.png.5bd8b4cf69d517053b374b7c13a2938e.pngt144.thumb.png.e9fbcf36dd6348af002cbf716235443f.pngt168.thumb.png.45deec15a396886a7795a2304b44e04e.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a sting in the tail from ECM! Still alot to be resolved it seems! 

120_thickuk.png

144_thickuk.png

168_thickuk.png

192_thickuk.png

240_thickuk.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like easterly winds for next ten days and possible longer you are in for a treat possible frost at night too and cloudy days.?

D589D269-D17B-4E5E-B7AB-4C4B97AAC65D.png

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this was winter..boom, if this was a month ago..boom (thinking back 12months to the beast from the east but now it's a bust..not a beast, just nuisance value cool grey unpleasant dross..pass!!

216_thickuk.png

240_thickuk.png

240_mslp850.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By T+276, GFS Para have ceased their black ops mission, and are giving us something a tad less cold:

image.thumb.png.b723ac65b1498e03b2c403c4af3627ad.pngimage.thumb.png.281bb2d68a45da28649df6695a05f3c6.png 

As the Snafia so often say, during the winter months: no pain, no gain?:oldgrin:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Stone said:

By T+276, GFS Para have ceased their black ops mission, and are giving us something a tad less cold:

 

As the Snafia so often say, during the winter months: no pain, no gain?:oldgrin:

I think it was arnie who said that Pete! ? Bit of a standoff devoloping between ECM, UKMO and GFS me thinks! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

I think it was arnie who said that Pete! ? Bit of a standoff devoloping between ECM, UKMO and GFS me thinks! 

Didn't arnie also say ... Stick around and I'll be back..hopefully that cool easterly cloudy dross won't be back!?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frosty. said:

Didn't arnie also say ... Stick around and I'll be back..hopefully that cool easterly cloudy dross won't be back!?

What I think Karl is, if we end up with an Estly feed these coming few months, things could end up very warm and settled into summer, also barring in mind it's a dry air mass!! So less humidity, but I can guarantee come December.... The Estly will diminish just in time for winter!! Yes..... I'LL BE BACK.... JUST NOT IN OUR LIFETIMES!!! ??

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ed Stone said:

It kinda lingers...just like bad smell!? image.thumb.png.0b2023c99a033ee66ce0667807dc98f3.png

We defo need the terminator to sort that mess out.?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frosty. said:

We defo need the terminator to sort that mess out.?

Though, given some of the earlier nonsense (not mentioning any names!) a Kindergarten Cop might even come in useful??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Though, given some of the earlier nonsense (not mentioning any names!) a Kindergarten Cop might even come in useful??

I'm trying to put that meltdown behind me Ed..?

Anyway, interesting output, very recently it looked like the atlantic would crash through next weekend but now the blocking signal is strengthening again, at least on the Ecm..hoping for a better mean tonight.

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as long has its the model thread.... Let's have a look at Brazilian model..... It brings the warmth big time.... Perhaps it has a warm bias due to the constant heat in South America!! ??

cptec-1-240.png

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening All, The Ridge to our North East is getting stronger, enjoyable viewing,,,?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urgh this is depressing!! Is this still an effect of a later ssw?! Or just bad luck, lol! Don't shoot me, still learning!?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight's extended Ecm 12z ensemble mean looks blocked but gradually less cool and therefore more pleasant with more of a SE'ly tilt to the flow from the continent rather than northern europe  but still a risk of slight overnight frosts.

EDM1-240.GIF

EDM0-240.GIF

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ECM mean at T240:

image.thumb.jpg.5cd22da7f1796b448c67e9919fba8117.jpg

It might get warmer or it might not.  ECM thinks probably yes, but the uncertainty remains.  Goodnight folks.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Though, given some of the earlier nonsense (not mentioning any names!) a Kindergarten Cop might even come in useful??

Hello , both models show Blocking to our north east,, Winter has not finished?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imaging why anyone would welcome grey, cloudy days with the chance of wind-driven sleet...Yuck!

  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A flip flop back today to what the models were showing on Thursday, heights to the NE more resilient and the atlantic trough held back further west, but unlike Thursday no direct cold NE arctic feed, instead just a cold easterly, the source of air from NW Russia. So a predominantly chilly cloudy week for the east, some rain in the south, driest sunniest and warmest weather unusually reserved for NW - but not that unusual in April - this often happens in an easterly in Spring.

Longer term - won't be surprised to see the trough remain unstuck far to our west and SE, we might see a SE feed, before heights finally retrogress to Greenland and we pull in a cold NE feed, equally we might just see heights build into the UK and westwards, which would result in a warm up, but not especially so, maintaining what could turn out to be a dry month for the NW in particular.

Those on the east coast won't like the outlook at all, sea fret and haar in abundance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Those on the east coast won't like the outlook at all, sea fret and haar in abundance. 

For sure it's not funny haar haar but I'm not going to fret about it, just wait and sea what happens.?

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

A flip flop back today to what the models were showing on Thursday, heights to the NE more resilient and the atlantic trough held back further west, but unlike Thursday no direct cold NE arctic feed, instead just a cold easterly, the source of air from NW Russia. So a predominantly chilly cloudy week for the east, some rain in the south, driest sunniest and warmest weather unusually reserved for NW - but not that unusual in April - this often happens in an easterly in Spring.

Longer term - won't be surprised to see the trough remain unstuck far to our west and SE, we might see a SE feed, before heights finally retrogress to Greenland and we pull in a cold NE feed, equally we might just see heights build into the UK and westwards, which would result in a warm up, but not especially so, maintaining what could turn out to be a dry month for the NW in particular.

Those on the east coast won't like the outlook at all, sea fret and haar in abundance. 

could be 3 sunless weeks here, today was bad enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

For sure it's not funny haar haar but I'm not going to fret about it, just wait and sea what happens.?

Love it. The humour, that is ?

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little ray of hope -- nothing really all that dreich -- even here in Suffolk! The 12Z GEFS ensemble isn't that bad...:oldgrin:

image.thumb.png.b742f7fdfe06841da9e3755f9a5efd01.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • High pressure this weekend but will it last?

    High pressure is taking charge of the weather this weekend, bringing lots of sunshine and increasing warmth. Will it last though? Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Michael Fish: Fine weekend coming up

    Michael Fish presents his latest weekly weather forecast looking ahead to the weekend and into next week. Watch the video here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...