Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Just missed us focus of that storm, had the odd flash and few rumbles of thunder.  Think I'm gunna have dinner early then head north towards Thirsk. 

Not too fussed about missing that as there isn't a great deal of lightning yet. But I think there will be some monsters over the dales later into north yorkshire.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Well today was a great day really after the snow disappointment. It's been very cold, only maxed out at -1.7 on my station so a good ice day. The trees looked brilliant with thick frost on them.

Posted Images

T&L here with heavy rain but we’re only on the edge unfortunately.   Central areas of Leeds seem to have copped it.

Edited by cheese

Thunder very loud now, multiple flashes!

The hellish heat was worth it. The hail is the size of dice and bouncing.

Oh god yes.

Edited by summer blizzard

Was worried it would pass to far east. As it happens it passed here too far west XD! Got the edge of it here.

• Like 1

Lots of CB tops around and bursts of rain at times along with loudish rumbles of thunder, not seen any lightning for a while though

And we have bright sunshine a variable breeze and heat plenty of heat.

2 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

4th Thunder rumble as I type.
Hope we get some rain.

You haven't had any? It's been throwing it down here in Cottingham!

Edited by Quicksilver1989

Tell you what I've had a disaster there! How could it go west! Out of the no storm club bacause there was plenty of mid-distance thunder and I saw one lightning bolt. But the core somehow went west of due north from Sheffield to west Leeds! Now hot and sunny and all the action is east of the A1 or north of me for the rest of the evening I fear ? 

I'm wondering if anything will kick off around sunset and into the evening? Also curious about tomorrow's forecasted activity.

Edited by Stelmer
39 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Tell you what I've had a disaster there! How could it go west! Out of the no storm club bacause there was plenty of mid-distance thunder and I saw one lightning bolt. But the core somehow went west of due north from Sheffield to west Leeds! Now hot and sunny and all the action is east of the A1 or north of me for the rest of the evening I fear ? 

I’m in Whitkirk, just our luck. 

• Like 1

Disappointing day overall at least I heard constant rumbling which wasn't my stomach for once.