Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

Just missed us focus of that storm, had the odd flash and few rumbles of thunder.  Think I'm gunna have dinner early then head north towards Thirsk. 

Not too fussed about missing that as there isn't a great deal of lightning yet. But I think there will be some monsters over the dales later into north yorkshire.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday morning was rather special on the North York Moors. We were the first ones out running on the old iron stone railway line at Rosedale Abbey around 9am. Clear blue skies, -2c and around

Lovely up on the Wolds this lunchtime

Posted Images

Thunder very loud now, multiple flashes!

The hellish heat was worth it. The hail is the size of dice and bouncing.

Oh god yes.

Edited by summer blizzard
2 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

4th Thunder rumble as I type.
Hope we get some rain.

You haven't had any? It's been throwing it down here in Cottingham!

Edited by Quicksilver1989

Tell you what I've had a disaster there! How could it go west! Out of the no storm club bacause there was plenty of mid-distance thunder and I saw one lightning bolt. But the core somehow went west of due north from Sheffield to west Leeds! Now hot and sunny and all the action is east of the A1 or north of me for the rest of the evening I fear ? 

I'm wondering if anything will kick off around sunset and into the evening? Also curious about tomorrow's forecasted activity.

Edited by Stelmer
39 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

Tell you what I've had a disaster there! How could it go west! Out of the no storm club bacause there was plenty of mid-distance thunder and I saw one lightning bolt. But the core somehow went west of due north from Sheffield to west Leeds! Now hot and sunny and all the action is east of the A1 or north of me for the rest of the evening I fear ? 

I’m in Whitkirk, just our luck. 

• Like 1