Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards


Recommended Posts

Reached 30c here just now, didn't expect that today!

Showers sparking off just to the south so fingers crossed for us all! 

Edit: can hear thunder now

 

IMG_20200626_153418.jpg

Edited by Winter Cold
Pic
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday morning was rather special on the North York Moors. We were the first ones out running on the old iron stone railway line at Rosedale Abbey around 9am. Clear blue skies, -2c and around

Lovely up on the Wolds this lunchtime

Posted Images

There's some interesting cells popped up and new potential cells showing on the radar. Looks like something could hit between Leeds and Bradford in the next 2h.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Just 28.3C here Thundering to the south.

Looks like you're in the firing line for the area developing to the west of the current cell that's heading north, Pit. Not so much of a bust now? ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bazookabob said:

20200626_153952.thumb.jpg.98fedecd0064bf9e797679141eac93e0.jpg

Nottingham cell with new development on its West side I reckon. (viewed from East Leeds) 

Yep, looking on the radar appears to be developing on the western side

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cold Winter said:

Looks like you're in the firing line for the area developing to the west of the current cell that's heading north, Pit. Not so much of a bust now? ?

Going just to the east of us at the moment. Thunder constant as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping my eyes on how the western side of it develops. Though I think i'm too west of it, unless it grows into a monster....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stelmer said:

I'm keeping my eyes on how the western side of it develops. Though I think i'm too west of it, unless it grows into a monster....

Wouldn't be surprised if it sparks off more activity to the west of it as it moves northwards, you may get lucky

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cold Winter said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it sparks off more activity to the west of it as it moves northwards, you may get lucky

I could see it doing that as it moves north.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to edit it to beat the haze but that's a nice anvil looking south and further development on its West side now visible. Am getting increasingly hopeful we may get lucky here but we will see. 20200626_155236-01.thumb.jpeg.29a05fd4b7160a60df865210fac48ff9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bazookabob said:

20200626_153952.thumb.jpg.98fedecd0064bf9e797679141eac93e0.jpg

Nottingham cell with new development on its West side I reckon. (viewed from East Leeds) 

I think it should just clip us, maybe a more direct hit if it keeps building to the west

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...